Trojan F25 New Owner/Progress

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

santa

Trojan F25 New Owner/Progress

Post by santa »

Hello everyone,

I wanted to make a introduction before I start browsing the boards for further information on my old, but new to me 1973 Trojan F25 that I just acquired named Bankers Hours. This thread is a introduction along with progress pictures of the boat and everything that I've done showing a before and after.

End of the season for most of us in the New England area so I feel that I got a deal that I couldn't pass up. She runs, but needs work inside and out, but how many boats of this age don't? The engine was rebuilt about 5 years ago, sat for 2, and ran for the last 2 seasons. Original owner had the boat for 32 years until the 2nd owner bought it 2 years ago or so. Came with electronics such as Garmin GPS, Depth finder and StS radio. Along with the original manual, title and paperwork.

The boat is still in the water until today or tomorrow. Once it's out of the water I'll spend the next upcoming weeks tearing the interior down before it gets wrapped for the rest of the winter. I plan to have a zipper so I can work on it when the weather permits.

To end this.. yesterday's cruise before she got docked.

prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Trojan F25 New Owner/Progress

Post by prowlersfish »

Congrats on your new boat . Keep us posted and Enjoy !
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
santa

Post by santa »

Got some work done this weekend. The tear down project commenced and I discovered overall the wood backing is in need of replacement due to rot. The bilge needs a good cleaning along with the fiberglass due to mildew buildup. As I'll be spending weekends on the boat I don't want to have any health related issues one might incur due to mildew.

Starting sanding, staining and will be doing 3 coats of varnish soon on the wood trim. This has been an after work project before the cold rolls in, which has already started. Just a sneak peak of some random trims

MattSC
Moderate User

Post by MattSC »

Congratulations and best of luck with your boat. Some of those photos look very familiar, especially the headliner. Look forward to seeing your progress, all of your work will be worth it when you're done.