Princess Oven Delete ideas

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

bjanakos
Moderate User

Princess Oven Delete ideas

Post by bjanakos »

My new-to-me F-32 is equipped with a Princess 3 burner stove top and oven. As far as I can tell, it has been rarely used, if even used at all.

I rarely stay overnight and if I do, I am tied to shore. I don't plan on baking any cookies while I fish and the oven isn't even large enough to cook a tombstone pizza. If we stay at the boat, or host a fireworks party, we eat at one of the local joints or use the grill on shore. Even the local Pizza place has a dock pass and will deliver right to your slip!

I would not mind getting rid of the oven, or the whole ting to utilize the space for something else since there is virtually no lower galley storage space. I could aways bring a toaster oven and a plug in electric burner if I ever have the need.

I am curious what others have done without a total gut-rehab of the galley. With that being said, if anyone is looking for an oven and willing to cover shipping and handling, let me know and it is your should I decide to pull it.
Diverted Income
Moderate User

Re: Princess Oven Delete ideas

Post by Diverted Income »

PM sent!
1982 Trojan F-32 w/Merc 230's
1975 Baja V-1800J w/ 502 Ford
http://missriverrat.com
https://www.facebook.com/UMRMriverrat
Away On Busine$$
Moderate User

Post by Away On Busine$$ »

Diverted, what you up to.
Season is short, we make the best of it.
jimbo36
Moderate User

Post by jimbo36 »

I could not agree more!! We have had our '74 tri cabin for 7 boating seasons and have never used the oven or burners. I replaced the knobs that were missing when we bought the boat. I told my wife that I was going to cook a prime rib in that oven one fall and it has never happened. I am sure it has never been used. It works perfectly and,.. I must say, it looks great! For the next owner,.. hahahah. :D
LandVF36
Moderate User

Post by LandVF36 »

We stay on our boat 3-4 nights a week from May to Oct. As such, we use the stove all the time. Eggs, , bacon, sweet rolls in the oven, pizza (I seem to find the small ones that fit) lasagna. When its not in use, and closed up, its a bar on top and just another cupboard below.

If you pull it, I'd store it as the next owners will want it back.
Current Fleet:
2000 Carver 450 Voyager
1991 Thompson 21' Carerra Cuddy
1994 Scout 15'
2005 Caribe LCX9 dingy
1981 16' Hobicat
Former Owner - 1973 Trojan F-36 "Light and Variable"
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Mine is now a microwave. A pretty red one which compliments my teak and cream interior.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Diverted Income
Moderate User

Post by Diverted Income »

Away On Busine$$ wrote:Diverted, what you up to.
No worries! :D I'm still here!
1982 Trojan F-32 w/Merc 230's
1975 Baja V-1800J w/ 502 Ford
http://missriverrat.com
https://www.facebook.com/UMRMriverrat
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

LandVF36 wrote:We stay on our boat 3-4 nights a week from May to Oct. As such, we use the stove all the time. Eggs, , bacon, sweet rolls in the oven, pizza (I seem to find the small ones that fit) lasagna. When its not in use, and closed up, its a bar on top and just another cupboard below.

If you pull it, I'd store it as the next owners will want it back.
I Agree , We also have a microwave .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
The Dog House
Active User

Post by The Dog House »

I have a 2 burner alcohol stove in my F26 that I never use. I have a microwave oven that I use all the time sitting on top of the stainless steel cover for the two burners. Some people call me paranoid, but I'm not comfortable with flames inside my boat (or outside either). I can make quite a lot of different things using the microwave, and I feel perfectly safe doing it.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I don't like the flames too . These ovens btw are electric
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jordan
Sporadic User

Post by jordan »

I removed the stove/oven from my boat and replaced it with a two burner electric cook top and installed the microwave where the oven used to be. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow, I'll be working on the boat.

Jim
SHEGAVEIN (F-32)
Capt. Jim Jordan
bjanakos
Moderate User

Post by bjanakos »

jordan wrote:I removed the stove/oven from my boat and replaced it with a two burner electric cook top and installed the microwave where the oven used to be. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow, I'll be working on the boat.

Jim
That would be great. I hope a lot of surgery wasn't involved. I have a standard propane grill with a side burner that I keep up on the dock and that takes care of most things. The microwave and coffee maker takes care of the rest. I keep my coleman camping stove there and I think I only used it once.

It would be great if I can make a little more galley space as I am looking at possibly dedicating the entire port wall galley lockers to tackle storage. I did something in my previous boat where I built a shelf system in the cabinets to hold Plano 3700 boxes.
jordan
Sporadic User

Post by jordan »

A few pics of the galley, not quite finished yet. I have to build a drawer below the micro and finish a little trim.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (30.25 KiB) Viewed 6633 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.75 KiB) Viewed 6633 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.12 KiB) Viewed 6633 times
SHEGAVEIN (F-32)
Capt. Jim Jordan