Carbon monoxide detector

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

RichSchink

Carbon monoxide detector

Post by RichSchink »

Does anybody know of a CO warning system like the FIREBOY XINTEX Propane/Gasoline Sensor. My gen set is in the salon area of my 1974 F-32 and would like to have a sniffer in the bilge area with a remote alarm in the galley/V berth area. I have the standard CO "disk" type sensors thru-out the boat but would like a more advanced warning system
1974 F 32 Sedan "Debra Lee"
garyp

Re: Carbon monoxide detector

Post by garyp »

FIREBOY as well as MTI both make what your looking for. FIREBOY has two models, one is audible alarm, the other one will shut generator down as well as provide audible alarm. Both can be purchased at West Marine. All of these models must be hard wired into DC system.
garyp

Re: Carbon monoxide detector

Post by garyp »

Don't skimp and just purchase one unit for the entire vessel. Purchase two minimum, one for the berth and one for salon. Be safe, folks die every year from CO poisoning !!!!