Accessory Switch

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

RichSchink

Accessory Switch

Post by RichSchink »

Can anyone shed some light what the accessory switch controls above the windshield at the lower helm?
Attachments
IMG_20150510_122859-001 (Small).jpg
IMG_20150510_122859-001 (Small).jpg (45.66 KiB) Viewed 3079 times
1974 F 32 Sedan "Debra Lee"
comodave
Moderate User

Re: Accessory Switch

Post by comodave »

On mine, it went to a connector panel down on the starboard side that was listed in the prints as accessory. There was nothing hooked up to the connector.
Trojan has been sold
1987 President 41 DC 225 Lehmans
Au Gres, Michigan
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Initially nothing is connected to the circuit. It was put there by Trojan for use by any owner who wanted to add an accessory to the boat and wanted it on switched 12V power.

As an example, my depth sounder is an Autohelm Tridata (depth, speed (including log), water temp, and has anchor alarm etc). It doesn't have its own power switch - as soon as it gets 12V, it comes on. I don't want it on the entire time I have the main battery switch on, so I wired it to take power from the Accessory switch, so I can easily turn it on / off when I need it or don't.
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

I had my 10 Meter 3 years befor I found out one of my accessory switches was for my Fireboy bilge fume detector.I just thought it didn't work. I had my dash apart one day and traced the wire to the Fireboy.
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express