Plumbing fixtures tri cabin

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Plumbing fixtures tri cabin

Post by larryeddington »

Is there any reason one cannot use regular fixtures in the tub, showers and sinks verse the originals? Further it looks like RV fixtures are, at least by appearance, the same as those found in our boats?
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Plumbing fixtures tri cabin

Post by prowlersfish »

I don't see any reason why not
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

RV stores are a good place for boat stuff like that. I'd use house fixtures if you can get the hole sizes to match. Otherwise, go RVing, so to speak. Light fixtures are another reason to hit the RV store.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
Misty
Sporadic User

Post by Misty »

I wondered the same thing, but it turns out the design of the Moen fixture my trifly came with is pretty cool
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

i have a standard house faucet in the galley i purchased from home depot two years ago. i'll get some pics for you if you want when i return from my trip. it was pretty easy to install too.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Darn it .... just lost everything I was typing... trying again with reader's digest version.

I bought a replacement faucet for our F32 galley a few years ago from a local marine store (with hand spray attachment - lift the spigot out and direct the flow wherever you want). The problem - their cover plate was smaller than the original Trojan plate, so you could see the edges from what the old plate covered.

After a bunch of research I called Moen to order an 'escutcheon' (the main plate or bracket that the faucets and spigot stick out of) for it, that would fit the existing hole separation, and cover the counter area off that used to be covered by the old (original) faucet.

48 hours later I received the part I was looking for at home. $0 for the part, $0 for delivery, handled as a 'replacement' or 'warranty' repair. They knew I was looking to augment my boat install and didn't have Moen faucets, but they still gave it to me for free!!!!!

Bottom line - you can use 'regular' fixtures if you want. And Moen = Good!! The only limitation is that you can hook them up to your existing plumbing (or adjust your plumbing to fit the fixture).

Similarly, fittings on my hot water heater have been somewhat altered to simplify winterizing, using a bunch of parts readily available through Home Depot.
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

I had the same galley arrangement as the Captain. Worked great. Wish I had the same thing in my new boat.
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters