Another project "1974 Carver Monterey with FLY"

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jblack1036

Another project "1974 Carver Monterey with FLY"

Post by jblack1036 »

Well, I ran across a boat I couldn't pass up this weekend. 1974 Carver Monterey 2885 with Fly, not the 3385 I was hoping it would be. It's been out of the water for quite a few years and I'm familiar with it's owner. The boat belonged to a friend of my Grandfather who passed away unexpectantly at the beginning of the year. Anyway, no one was showing any interest in the old girl so I made an offer to take it off the families hands. They eccepted and now I've got something else to tinker with. Hopefully I won't have to dump too much money in her to bring her back to life. ..............Wish me luck...........

I'll post some pics in a few weeks when I go up to get her and coordinate the shipping. Not sure if the Fly needs to come off or not..
Jim Black
31' 1965 Trojan Sea Breeze (Wiskey Girl)
29' 1974 Caver Monterey (Rough -N- Ready)
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Re: Another project "1974 Carver Monterey with FLY"

Post by aaronbocknek »

wanna see what else carver was up to in 1974? go here..........enjoy............ahhhhhh the 1970's

http://carveryachts.com/wp-content/uplo ... 1/1974.pdf

if you're curious about other vintage, and even modern carver models, the carveryacht.com site has all the old brochures and spec sheets archived...........pretty cool.
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

Jblack , good luck with the project

Aaron, thanks for sharing the link, I love looking at those old brochures, I am glad someone has saved them
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

gettaway wrote:Jblack , good luck with the project

Aaron, thanks for sharing the link, I love looking at those old brochures, I am glad someone has saved them
i know!! i love looking into the past......dear god........the colors and fabrics...and the fashions for boating then. YIPES!!

here is the link to all the brochures and spec sheets.

http://carveryachts.com/service/brochures-spec-sheets
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

Good luck with the project, I love old boats, as a general rule however I personally find 98% of all carvers around I've ever seen to be ugly as can be with the one newer flybridge model I like the gentlemen said he bought it because it was the only good looking Carver hes ever seen, one at the marina here in Barrington is actually named "The Ugly Duckling" I dont think ive ever been inside one, I feel like the insides are spacious and have allot to offer, would love to see a old one inside and out
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

WOW

THis brochure thing is awesome - love looking at how far we have come!!!!
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
lawyerdave71
Moderate User

Post by lawyerdave71 »

I am diggin the Carver brochures -

Man, you know you are old when you remember that fish finders used to have paper in them!!!!!!
Captain Dave -

1978 F30 Flybridge Express
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

lawyerdave71 wrote:I am diggin the Carver brochures -

Man, you know you are old when you remember that fish finders used to have paper in them!!!!!!
glad you all are enjoying the brochure archive. i love looking into the past like that. enjoy guys.
would be great if we could have all the old trojan brochures archived like this. i have one that i purchased from the site on the 1982 tri cabin. wicked cool. and oh dear god the interior colors and the fashions of the models. yipes!!!
when mom and dad bought BUBALA3 in 1973, her interior was 1970's green/turquoise. SHAG carpeting, and the bulkheads were covered in green/turquoise vinyl. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
then let us not forget the color all the boat builders were using inside in the early 1980's---MAUVE!!!
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
jblack1036

Post by jblack1036 »

This is the boat. It's the one to the left of the Whiskey Girl... This pic was taken the day I purchased the Whiskey Girl. That was about 5 years ago and the Carver hasn't moved since. Going up on Wednesday to take the Fly off and get it ready for transport..
Attachments
74 Carver Monterey
74 Carver Monterey
boat.jpg (202.94 KiB) Viewed 5955 times
Jim Black
31' 1965 Trojan Sea Breeze (Wiskey Girl)
29' 1974 Caver Monterey (Rough -N- Ready)