trim around f32 sliding door?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

blackfin

trim around f32 sliding door?

Post by blackfin »

Im installing my sliding glass door frame to get a floor height for the f32 i bought .Does the metal frame just rest up on the salon roof with no wood in between? This boats interior and floor from salon back is completely disassembled, so trying to get her back together. Ill be starting a build thread after i get my "stupid questions" out of the way,lol.Thanks again!

Dan
1972 f32 (318's)
28' sailboat (fast)
zodiac (7.5 honda)
Life raft (epirb)
ready123
Ultimate User

Re: trim around f32 sliding door?

Post by ready123 »

blackfin wrote:Im installing my sliding glass door frame to get a floor height for the f32 i bought .Does the metal frame just rest up on the salon roof with no wood in between? This boats interior and floor from salon back is completely disassembled, so trying to get her back together. Ill be starting a build thread after i get my "stupid questions" out of the way,lol.Thanks again!
Dan
It actually sits inside a groove on the underside of roof.

I don't have any from the inside I may be back up on it this w/e and will try to take some closeups of the door top and bottom.
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
blackfin

Post by blackfin »

Do the metal corner gussets at the top corner of the frame go inside or outside? This thing is ready to screw down as soon as i figure it out. Ive been searching pics for days, its not a often photoed area! Thanks
1972 f32 (318's)
28' sailboat (fast)
zodiac (7.5 honda)
Life raft (epirb)
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

Are you talking about angle brackets? How about some pictures of what you have till I get back to my boat.
Michael
Done Dreamin'
blackfin

Post by blackfin »

Yeah the angle brackets. Im sure i can see glass over them now in your pic,so the brackets are on the inside. Does the frame sit right on the salon plywood floor? I have a 1/2 between the frame and the roof, so it either gets a hardwood cap or sits on something other than the plywood floor. Its rough rebuilding something you didnt take apart! Thanks again , i really appreciate your help.

Dan
1972 f32 (318's)
28' sailboat (fast)
zodiac (7.5 honda)
Life raft (epirb)
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

My boat has a fiberglass bunk running across the floor that it sits on and is sealed top on bottom with likely Butyl-l tape.
Here is a better picture that is bigger so you can look at the top and bottom more closely. Mine is a '78 with glass aft deck..... if yours is wood, which I suspect being '72 that might be the difference. Key is sliding door is on outside and screen on the inside unlike a regular patio door!
Go here to look around my pictures, you can download any for closer inspection.... the large one of aft DSC_1273 is the one I'm trying to show you.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/trojanf32 ... 4460733201
Michael
Done Dreamin'
blackfin

Post by blackfin »

Got it, frame sits right on the plywood floor on the older wooden deck f32's. I used a piece of aluminum angle siding to protect the plywood and act as a drip rail under the door frame. Im cleaning her up tonight and ill post some pictures in my build thread tonight. Thanks!
1972 f32 (318's)
28' sailboat (fast)
zodiac (7.5 honda)
Life raft (epirb)