A PERSONAL NOTE FROM AARON........BIG 'C' HAS RETURNED.

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

A PERSONAL NOTE FROM AARON........BIG 'C' HAS RETURNED.

Post by aaronbocknek »

hi guys. after much pondering and speaking with the moderator of the forum, with his permission, for now, i'm going to tap into my trojan boat support system, again. as many of you know, 3 years ago i went through cancer treatment. you all had, and have been, a tremendous support system and the boat and the forum was a much needed diversion. about two months ago, i began to feel some really nasty back pain. i went to my physician and we ran all sorts of tests. after not really finding anything, i said lets run a contrast CT scan. unfortunately, my tumor has grown back but not in the same location. this time it's attached to the back interior muscle of my left lower back, hitting several nerve endings and pushing against my left kidney. i was actually hospitalized for a week so they could stabilize the pain and kidney function. while in hospital, i was visited by a great medical and radiation oncologist who is taking my case. i meet with him on the 16th to go over the results of the PET/CT run on saturday. after that, we have a plan of action. what's different here is 1. it's not at johns hopkins (thank heaven) 2. brad has been by my side every step of the way. he has not wavered. my father, mother and brother are minutes away from us here in alexandria, again, unlike last time, i'll have my family and partner and a really great set of neighbors assisting me through this. and, of course, there is maccabee, my loyal boston terrier who along with shakespear have been my guardians while i battle the pain management. think kidney stone times 100. i just wanted you all, my trojan friends to know what was going on in case you've not seen me on here in a while. a SPECIAL shout out to perry who has checked up on me via text and phone nearly every day.
naturally, i did not want to hijack the forum, but felt the need to let you all know. you all can reach me at my email addy listed in my profile. i can continue to keep you all posted that way.
fond regards gang.........
Aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: A PERSONAL NOTE FROM AARON........BIG 'C' HAS RETURNED.

Post by larryeddington »

Good luck with this new bout of C. Suggest if you have not yet explore Proton Radiation. Just an option and may not be able to use in your case. I was treated at Loma Linda Med center in California.

God speed on this new Journey,

Larry
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

Hey Aaron, from a neighbor (NoVa resident, western Bay slip) who only knows you through this board, best wishes as you move forward through your journey. Hope to be seeing you on the Bay or at a Trojan rendezvous next summer.

Wayne
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

Keep us informed Aaron. You know my prayers are with you.
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

Well, this is a tough one, Aaron. A setback like this can be so demoralizing. I know those nights can be long and lonely because essentially, we do these things alone despite being surrounded by our support group. Hang in there.

You will simply have to go forward and battle through, like you did last time around, as there's no alternative.

The 16th is tomorrow and I know you will keep us informed about the results you receive at the meeting.

Our thoughts and prayers go with you.

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Much love, and best of wishes Aaron. This can be beat. You know that. Sometimes it might take a couple of kicks at it, but it can be beat. I have a very good friend who was treated for esophageal cancer. After about a years worth of treatments, he is now 4 years clean. Support systems help, but it's really all about attitude and outloook, and I know you have all of three of those in abundance.

Take care my friend.
Brooks

Post by Brooks »

Very sorry to hear this - fight will all you can, nuke that nasty (insert real foul words as necessary here) stuff out of your body! Fight hard! My 5yr old son recently had a tumor and kidney removed, went though radiation treatment and is completing chemo right now - 19 weeks more. Nobody knows how or why, but know that hundreds (if not thousands) of people are praying / pulling for you now. People you don't even know (like me) care that you beat it!

Best of luck - let us know when you kick cancers rotten ass one more time!
Brooks
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

Damn Arron,

Best of luck and as a fellow TBOY, hang in there in keep us informed, thoughts and prayers to you and your support team as you begin this battle
1984 Silverton 37C
Silver Lining
Scott
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Our Prayers are with Aaron
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Hey Aaron,

As you may recall, my wife has been battling Multiple Myeloma bone marrow cancer for several years, including a harrowing bone marrow transplant.

NEVER give up,

NEVER quit

NEVER lay down,

NEVER relent,

NEVERR falter,

NEVER stop.

RWS

P.S. Y'all come down to Florida and we'll show you around on a 10 meter with Yanmars !
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
pk
Moderate User

Post by pk »

Aaron...... I will pray for you!
International 10 Meter Express named "Jolla Mi", powered by nothing.....
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

A BIG HUG Aaron, You're not alone.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

UPDATE AS OF MONDAY MORNING THE 21ST......... things have changed treatment wise since last week.... i'm meeting with my medical oncologist late this afternoon along with my dad as my second eyes and ears. your continued prayers and positive energy guys means a lot. i get teary eyed every time read these responses. and given the amount of pain mgt meds i'm on now, that's to be expected. well, no. i'm just a cry baby at times like this. on a happier note, brad and i went up to the boat yesterday for the end of season cookout and to check on ENTERPRISE. i felt energized the minute we parked at the marina. the outpouring from my fellow slip holders is quite humbling. i even ate more than i have in the last few weeks. which, given the circumstances, is good.
so fellas, i'll let you know soon as to a treatment plan forwards.
again, fond regards.
aaron
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

UPDATE UPDATE......... chemo port goes in on thursday the 24th and the first infusion is scheduled for friday morning the 25th. this will be two chemo meds dripped for 3 hrs. after that, the next one is in 3 weeks. i'm overloaded with info right now and i'm glad my brother was there to take notes and ask more questions. brad was 'there' as well via speaker phone conference call. again, folks, thank you so much for all your kind words and support. much appreciated.
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User

Post by aaronbocknek »

round 1 down as of friday the 25th. so far so good, although i have to thank perry for understanding when he and i were texting back and forth later that evening. i had been pretty well sedated while the drip was on, and, well, even 4 hours later my texts to him were pretty well messed up. i actually looked at them the next morning and wow........it's a wonder he could even understand what i had said.

i will continue to keep you all posted. of course, you can email me directly to get more updates.
aaron
aaronbocknek@gmail.com