F32 manifolds

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

fpawn

F32 manifolds

Post by fpawn »

Replacing exhaust manifolds and elbows on a Chrysler 318 raw water cooled. I have heard that you might be able to have them boiled out like a radiator and re use. Any ideas???
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: F32 manifolds

Post by prowlersfish »

That would depend on what condition they are in but most likely not . If plugged with rust then its replacement time .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

I wouldn't bother putting the money into something that will likely be left with very thin walls, especially if it's a salt water application. Replace them before your engines ingest water, lock up, and do some real damage that will cost you large.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

Id replace, I did replace mine last year, twin rwc motors. One motor seemed to steam more than the other and not knowing how old they were I thought better safe then sorry. You'll need to know if you have the copper tubes in them, im assuming you do as I did. I replaced my friends last year as well, he did not have the copper tubes. I wouldn't waste my time cleaning them personally and potentially have a hydro lock the motor. I check mine with a laser temp gun. Bought everything direct from Barr Marine at a cost of about $2,200 for both motors, that is gaskets, manifolds, plugs, copper tubes, elbows, risers, end caps, bolts, shipping etc. I have some extra pieces from the job, I believe I have two new copper tubes and two end caps lying around if needed, and some gaskets.