anti-siphon valve foibles

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Re: anti-siphon valve foibles

Post by Stripermann2 »

larryeddington wrote:Thanks Striperman,

Mine are Crusader 270s and have only the inlet filter between the pump and carbie. My F28 has Chrysler 318 which have the metal canister filter between the pump and the inlet filter on the Carter AFB's. :D
I too have Crusader 270s and the 1409 carbs, which I changed from the Quadrajets. Are you sure you don't have this canister? Maybe the plumbing was changed but originally there was a canister which has a filter inside. See diagram number 67. (attached to the RH rear cylinder head)
Oh well...;-)

Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: anti-siphon valve foibles

Post by larryeddington »

I remember years ago autos having a filter canister on the bottom of the fuel pump I think only Fords but could be wrong.

I do not have any device like that. My fuel lines come from AS valve forward to the valves for changing one line to the other engine or merging then down to the Fram smallish filter which is bolted to a vertical piece of wood, (painted the same gray as all the original stuff Trojan put in. Up to here is all copper line. From the filter (Note I have much bigger and better filter water separators to be installed in same place). After is a rubber hose connecting to the fuel pump. (I had that hose made out of some chemical impervious hose with the flared fittings crimped on). From the fuel pump to the carbie is a solid steel line with double flares at both end. Pretty sure all plumbing is original.

Thank but no filters like the ones you depict Other than the Fram which does have an internal element that can be changed. I am opting for the can filters that screw on with a metal base bowl water collection.

All of that said she ran perfectly for 45 minutes with AS valves temporarily removed. I have new ones ordered but the old ones looked good I have changed the o ring on the end and will be relegated to emergency use.

AS Valve problems no AS valve runs perfect, think I know the problem, we shall see after I put new ones in.

Oh yes there is another line that runs from the fuel pump to the side of the carbie. It now is made of Viton and its purpose was and is to run fuel into the engine if the fuel pump diaphragm were to start leaking, this way it would not go into bilge. Auto fuel pumps have a bleed hole that will let it run to the ground, much safer than if it were to be in a boat putting gas in bilge.

:D
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink