1987 10 meter mid cabin complete restoration.

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

The Dog House
Active User

Re: 1987 10 meter mid cabin complete restoration.

Post by The Dog House »

RWS wrote:
+1

and when you have the "discussion" factor in the realistic selling price vs. her REPLACEMENT COST i.e. NEW BOAT

RWS
The NADA average retail price for a 1987 Trojan 10 meter mid-cabin with gas engines is $22,400. Even if you could get an additional $10,000 because of all of the restoration work you've done, you would still be taking a fairly big loss. It would be much better to store the boat for 1 or 2 years and then splash her again when you're ready. No boat that you buy at a later date will be as good as this one.
1993 Sea Ray 200 Overnighter OB with 1993 Mercury 150 hp Outboard
1979 Starcraft 14' Rowboat with 2011 Mercury 9.9 hp Outboard
Former boat: 1971 Trojan F26
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

Hello Everyone!
I Just wanted to let everyone know that I ended up selling the boat. It was one of the most difficult decisions that I've had to make in a long time but i had to do what was best for my family. Shes officially gone and the check cleared!
Wanted to let everyone know that if there is ever any way that I can help you guys with any info on 10 meter mid cabins, please feel free to contact me.
We ended up buying a mobile home in ocean view Delaware and I can honestly say that the enjoyment that my kids have been having here this summer makes me believe that I made the correct decision. The 15.5 scout center console has been getting a workout this summer! The marina is 100 yds from my door and we can keep up to a 26ft boat here. needless to say the search has begun for a outboard powered center console , lord help me!

Thanks again for all of the help and support!

Todd
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
zedtwentyate
Moderate User

Post by zedtwentyate »

yorklyn wrote:Hello Everyone!
I Just wanted to let everyone know that I ended up selling the boat. It was one of the most difficult decisions that I've had to make in a long time but i had to do what was best for my family. Shes officially gone and the check cleared!
Wanted to let everyone know that if there is ever any way that I can help you guys with any info on 10 meter mid cabins, please feel free to contact me.
We ended up buying a mobile home in ocean view Delaware and I can honestly say that the enjoyment that my kids have been having here this summer makes me believe that I made the correct decision. The 15.5 scout center console has been getting a workout this summer! The marina is 100 yds from my door and we can keep up to a 26ft boat here. needless to say the search has begun for a outboard powered center console , lord help me!

Thanks again for all of the help and support!

Todd
I'm sure it's a mix of emotions. I hope the new owner understands the unbelievable amount of work you put into this beautiful vessel. Glad to hear the family is enjoying the new spot! How about a Trojan American center console?
Kegan

1986 Trojan F-27 (SOLD!!!)
1989 Trojan 10 Meter Mid Cabin
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

glad YOU are happy about it.

Your buyer is undoubtedly the luckiest used boat buyer of the decade

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
jhalb
Moderate User

Post by jhalb »

I told my wife that if we bought our 10 Meter we could still have fun with the grand kids. She held me to my words last weekend and we took my 6 grandkids and a few friends tubing on the river for a birthday party. After 3 hours I was toast but the kids had the time of their lives. First time tubing for most of them although it was a slow tube ride, they were in water.
John
"PELICAN"
1983 10 Meter Express
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

The guy who purchased the boat from me has a few kids younger then mine. Nice to know that a family will enjoy her.
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
BobCT
Active User

Post by BobCT »

Agree, I hope the guy appreciates it. And, how cool is it for him to have all of the work documented here? I'm glad you are past the point of decision, that process can get really tiring. Is the guy local? I assume he'll wind up on the forum at some point.

And my burning question, did he get it surveyed? It must have been a pretty short list if he did. Why don't you buy one of those cool Trojan center console models?

Stay in touch with us....

Bob
1988 10m mid cabin
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

When in doubt, don't - is still probably the best advice I have ever received. You obviously made the correct decision not to keep it, Yorklyn.

Out of all this, a ten meter Trojan has been completely restored from the bottom up plus we have a fantastic photo record of same, for all those wishing to do the same rebuild in the future.

Best of luck.

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters
Mr4bbls

Post by Mr4bbls »

Ummm...stupid here tried to look at the pics and I could not get them to come up...is there some special steps you need to take to view them ha, ha...thanks...Jeff in "smoggy" NJ I am a newbie btw...just signed on tonight 9/7
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Maybe your setting they cam up for me
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

Sorry for dredging up such an old post but I thought it was time to give everyone who followed my renovation (Especially RWS!) a good laugh at my expense! Since selling the Trojan we picked up a mobile home down the beach. Since my best friend has a 25 ft center console for our offshore excursions I decided to step up and "take one for the team". I will be the embarrassed owner of this "boat" the first week of June! The "Best" part is that it comes with 22! YES 22 cup holders!!

Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

"Say it ain't so, Todd." You've gone rogue.

All the best, have great summer, use each and every cupholder and ......... concentrate on this part - "lose those purple lights." :)

Rick

p.s. Your restoration chain was a terrific record...... and obviously has earned you a lot of leeway on this forum.
rickalan35
Moderate User

Post by rickalan35 »

"Say it ain't so, Todd." You've gone rogue.

All the best, have great summer, use each and every cupholder and ......... concentrate on this part - "lose those purple lights." :)

Rick

p.s. Your restoration chain was a terrific record...... and obviously has earned you a lot of leeway on this forum.
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

looks like a fun boat to fool around in.

watch out for that depreciation cost - OUCH, but the fuel savings, and the MAINTENANCE TIME requirement savings will be tremendous

I imagine you will be looking for a project on her......

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
oil&water
Moderate User

Post by oil&water »

Taking one for the team I know all to well. You will have lots of fun on the pontoon and the kids will have an opportunity to enjoy the river life while you and the misses relax and chill with friends.

When the wife and I sold our 32' Express Cruiser, we were certain we wanted a smaller boat. That is until we went on a couple of friends' boats. You took your time, made the decision that was right for the family and will enjoy the new boat for what it is and your new style of life. Happy boating!
Currently Trojan-less :?