Bottom paint delima???

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jblack1036

Bottom paint delima???

Post by jblack1036 »

Hello everyone, it has been some time since I last made a post on here but I still enjoy reading the post everyone provides. Always a wealth of information on here. That being said, I'm hoping that someone can provide the information I'm looking for.

So, I have an old 65 Trojan Sea Breaze (Whiskey Girl) which I love to death. Over the last few years I've put some valuable time in her, since I took her over, I have been using Interlux BottomKote in the Red form for her underbelly. Now I'm finding out that it has be discontinued and I cannot find it anyplace. I don't want to change the bottom color and I don't want to go through the labor intensive process of stripper her again because there isn't anything compatible. I surely don't want to go with a hard paint. I like the ablative stuff and it works for me.

So, does anyone have any recommendation for my old girl or a comparable ablative paint???

thanks in advance.....
Jim Black
31' 1965 Trojan Sea Breeze (Wiskey Girl)
29' 1974 Caver Monterey (Rough -N- Ready)
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Bottom paint delima???

Post by prowlersfish »

I see they list Fiberglass bottomkoat NT on there site and list red . That maybe the replacement ? I know they have called it Fiberglass bottomkoat for a very long time even thought its good for wood too . I used to use on my Owens 35 years ago . West marine ablative paints work well and are available in red . Pettit has horizons Its a good paint . I don't believe you will have a issue switching brands . I never have had a problem .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jblack1036

Re: Bottom paint delima???

Post by jblack1036 »

Thanks for the response "Prowlerfish". I really appreciate the information. Here's to hoping I don't screw her bottom up. Again, thanks.
Jim Black
31' 1965 Trojan Sea Breeze (Wiskey Girl)
29' 1974 Caver Monterey (Rough -N- Ready)