New member looking to transport '74 F32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Insanity Claws

New member looking to transport '74 F32

Post by Insanity Claws »

Can someone please tell me what a F32 made in 1974 weighs?
Also, I'm told that the height maximum for towing it is 10' above the water line. Does achieving this necessitate removing the control panel off the upper level? I'm a total newbie, so forgive me for not using the correct terminology . Thank you!
oil&water
Moderate User

Re: New member looking to transport '74 F32

Post by oil&water »

I believe a F32 weighs in the range of 14-16k lbs.

As far as height is concerned, my buddy's boat is more than 6' from the deck to the flybridge. The deck is about foot above the water line. The flybridge is about three feet. You will be real close to 10' perhaps 11'.
Currently Trojan-less :?
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Trojan lists the F32 12000 dry so it will be a bit more , Most likely the bridge will have to come off . If you do a search you will find more info on this
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
comodave
Moderate User

Post by comodave »

My F32 was about 14000 pounds. It was a 1978 with 318s. I think if it is going over the raod you will have to remove the flybridge which means that all the wiring will have to be disconnected as well as the steering and control cables. If you do this be absolutely meticulous about labeling everything with permanent markings.
Trojan has been sold
1987 President 41 DC 225 Lehmans
Au Gres, Michigan