F36 Overheating both engines

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Re: F36 Overheating both engines

Post by aaronbocknek »

in years past, i've used a shop vac as a blow out device by attaching the 'exhaust' portion of the vac to the intake hose using the 'seaflush' system. i picked it up at the annapolis boat show roughly 3 years ago and i've been very please with it for both blowing out the through hulls and winterizing. here is a link to their site.

http://seaflush.com
/
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
rickalan35
Moderate User

Re: F36 Overheating both engines

Post by rickalan35 »

Hi - I had both of my engines overheating simultaneously. Turns out weeds were jamming the intakes. Last winter my marina replaced both engine intake screens with one size larger, also increased diameter of the intake hoses plus installed strainers. No overheating now.

Seems to be no similar problem with the Walter V-Drives inlets jamming up (at least at this point)

I remove weeds from the strainers regularly. Late this spring, I did the same thing with the genny re: increased intake capacity.

The amount of water running through the exhausts during the overheating appeared normal, but obviously wasn't. - Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters