Honey do list

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rick1954
Moderate User

Honey do list

Post by rick1954 »

Well I can say that the ( Honey do list) stuff is done, well so I say :) The power of beer is so strong, I mention that I was going to spend the weekend doing all my yardning this weekend and I would have lots of beer, food and a fire. Well did I not reel in one, sure he was my best friend, none the less I had help :roll: . It is all done, heck the lawn tractor even started after a winter stay in the snow bank (I must be a red-neck) :oops: the equipment shed will be installed this summer. Anyway my point is I can spend more time getting the boat ready, I have to make the most of the short season we have. I have the holly el-fuel-pump to install, I hope this will solve the problem with the engin quitting, Need to make up my mind as to what fridge to use and get that installed, you know, all the fun stuff working on the boat. It is almost time :D
Rick 1976 Trojan E-26 Express 351 FI
Info@emaltd.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Nice going Rick Now the rest of us will have to finsh the list . :cry: before we deal with the boat.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

My honey do list is actually boat work.

Everything on the inside is hers to do what she likes. Of course everything on the outside, is my responsibilty. Including the engines and mechanicals, which technically, are on the inside of the boat... :evil:

I need to make all corrections and upgrades on the inside, for her first, before I can go to the more important tasks such as washing the boat, installing the electronics back up on the bridge from winter lay-up, tightening fishing rod holders, checking my tackle, drinking cold ones from the bridge while talking to my dockmates, listening to the music...etc. :D

What a world we live in! :D
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Our honey-do list for the past few years was raising 4 kids and a various and sundry domesticated animals (dogs, hamsters, birds, and other furry creatures that kids bring home). All the kids are grown and out of the house and the last of the animals popped off. Just set up a lawn care service for the first time (I dunt mow no steeken grass no more) , and set up all bills to be paid on line. Only thing left to do is get the boat ready, launch, and fill the fridge with beer (not necessarily in that order). The older ya get the smarter ya get!!
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Some one say beer.

Randy, was the hard top added to the boat as an option? My boat is a soft top and best I can tell is everything is the same on both boats. I love having the soft top it is like having a larger back deck, However, I can see the hard top being a plus plus. None the less she is a looker. :wink:
Info@emaltd.com
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Rick

The hardtop was a $995 option on the original price list I got with the boat. This price included side and back curtains (which I still have - heavy vinyl with a single vinyl window in the rear).

Here's some "hysterical" information from then (price list effective 8/1/76 for 1977 models):

Base price with Chrysler single V8/225 hp, direct drive = $19,200
Base price with Mercruiser singe V8/233 hp, direct drive = $19,245

The base price included a lot of stuff that is now optional on many boats.

Like you, I've replaced a lot of the original equipment on the boat with updated stuff, and this year will continue the electrical upgrades with more house bank power, small inverter, Blue Seas ACR, LED cabin lights, etc. I've redone most of the spaghetti wiring that developed over the years from previous owners. This year I'm getting the bottom redone by my local marina, as well as a new hot water heater and replacing the holding tank. I've redone the cabin sole with teak/holley plywood as well as the plumbing and pressure system. I'm getting too fat and too old to cram myself down in the engine "room" so I tend to throw large bags of money at my marina (good guys, been there for 10 years) for the stuff that takes a contortionist to complete.

All said and done, we'll be ready for the canal in mid June after a few weeks on Sacandaga.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Randy,
That is what I thought on the hard top. I am just a little guy and I have a hard time getting in the engin compartment. That is why I will do the stringer rework this fall when I take the engin out to rebuild, now having the soft top will work well for removing the engin. When you get on the canal, if you head back east or head back to where you put in, drop me a line, I will take the trip to say hello.
Info@emaltd.com
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Will do. We plan to start out in late June and be back in late July or early August (I still have to work to pay for all the gas we'll use!) Will transport boat from Sacandaga to the Mohawk, probably Scotia/Schenectady area, then head west, then back home via Cayuga-Seneca and Oswego Canal side trips. Hope to get to Waterford before we get the boat hauled out at the end of trip. If we do, I'll get up to where you are.....you're just north of Champlain lock 1?
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Randy,
I don’t want to think about the fuel cost this year :( , they say if you are in a hurry drive so we shall keep her slow. Scotia is not to far from me, we go out to Jumping Jacks for the berger now and then. That is a nice day trip, for the most part we go up into the Mohawk on outings ,it is much better than the Hudson. I am about 200 yards north of Champlain Lock 1 at Lock One Marina, it is a diamond in the ruff. I you go to the web site http://www.lock1marina.com/ you can see where I come from,. you can also see the light house I rebuilt for the marina. I am always working on something. The marina is about 7 miles north of Waterford, look forward to you stopping in. :)
Info@emaltd.com
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

I hear ya! I'm figuring gas at $5.50 per gal for the trip and praying I'm WAY on the high side! I know exacty where you are. Worked at GE Silicones from 72 to 94 and passed the marina every day. Nice spot! Good rates too. I'm at http://www.mayfieldyachtclub.com on the Sacandaga. Been there since 77, when my first boat was a 21' Venture (sailboat). I knew the original owners of this boat. It only had 300 hours on the engine when I bought it in 99. It's a great spot but after 31 years we need some new scenery to look at!
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Is this the first time you are doing this trip, It sounds like a nice one. Would love to plan to go the next time you take this trip, that is if you would not mind a tag along, :) That is one of the reasons that I want to rebuild the engin, it runs great and is in grate condition, however, if I rebuild it, I will know it is fresh. I got the boat from a friend of mine whom only went up the river to the island leased by Troy boat club that I am a member of. It has very little time on her, I just want to know.
Info@emaltd.com
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

We'll see about the next time, if we like it and the costs aren't too crazy. My feeling about the engine, etc. If the boat conks out I borrow my son's car and drive home! Nice thing about the canal system is you're never out of sight of land (or beer). I'm not anticipating any big problems since we only plan to go 20-30 miles a day and keep avg speed around 7 mph (why waste the gas, we're in no big hurry). I'll save the HP for Lake Oneida crossing and MAYBE the possible Oswego to Rochester run across Lake Ontario (planning on a 2-day leg there - IF the weather and the boat cooperate).
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

I will be waiting for the next trip :D
Info@emaltd.com