Crusader Carb

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Lake effect

Crusader Carb

Post by Lake effect »

I am have trouble with my starboard carb. It is a quadra jet and I would like to buy a spare and get this one rebuilt. Did anyone every by a carb from any of the rebuilders on the internet like Flyfish? Does anyone have a recommendation where to buy a new carb?
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Crusader Carb

Post by larryeddington »

I bought a book on q jet carbs. They are fairly simple just need to be complete and get a kit that goes for your carbie.

Buy the book Rochester quadrajet carburetors by cliff ruggles. He also sells kits etc. It is very important to have the correct power piston spring so the engine will not idle rich and a number of other things.

I bought 2 extra qjets and rebuilt them. I found them on ebay and they were marine ones. I installed the correct jet needles for my crusader 270 uses and no problem. It was obvious they had been under water but cleaned up perfectly and work fine.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
marklo154
Sporadic User

Re: Crusader Carb

Post by marklo154 »

I rebuilt mine from this guys you tube videos and they work great. He has all the rebuild kits for sale as well

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/
1978 Trojan F36 Tri Cabin