Fuel / Water Separators on 11 Meter Express

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Yachtski III

Fuel / Water Separators on 11 Meter Express

Post by Yachtski III »

Hello all,
My first post here on a 'new to me' Trojan 11 Meter International Express 1989. My problem is that i cannot find the fuel/water separators on this boat. I have been told that they certainly did put them on this model. I would expect them to be on the rear engine room bulkhead where the fuel lines come through. I see the solid fuel coupling and the shut-off valve and then the flex hose that leads to the canister filter on the engine. I cannot even see where they might have mounted them and possibly been removed.
Can anyone help me here?
1. Were they an option that i do not have?
2. Where should they be located?

Thanks!
Peter
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

My F-32 has spin-on water separators in line at the fuel pumps, one on each engine. My Searay also has the same setup.
Lookout

Post by Lookout »

Does your cannister filter have a small valve on the bottom?
  • LOOKOUT AGAIN
  • 1986 F-36
  • Lake Michigan Fish Slayer.
http://www.lookoutcharterservice.com
Yachtski III

Post by Yachtski III »

Thanks for the quick replies!!!
According to my Crusader Shop Manual, the canister filter on the engine (just before the fuel pump) is an 'AC remote fuel filter'. They describe a separate 'water-separating fuel filter' as standard on some engines - meaning it might need to be added on others. The picture they show of this 'optional' filter is of a standard looking water separator like those you can purchase in the aftermarket.
I had the surveyor look as well, and he could not find them.
I guess I just want to know from a Meter owner where their's are and if anyone knows for sure that they we an option.

Thanks again,
Peter
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

follow your fuel lines and you'll find the filter system.

The 11 Meter is an awesome vessel.

Her Rock solid, dry ride and tremendous space give her huge advantages over similar vessels.

RWS
Yachtski III

Post by Yachtski III »

I did follow the fuel lines from the tank on back and cannot find a fuel/water separator. I guess i would like to know where they did put it when there was one - so i can put it in the correct location.

Thanks,
Peter