whats the best way to post pictures here

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

GARYGA

whats the best way to post pictures here

Post by GARYGA »

I would like to share some of the pics i have with you's but am not sure whats the best way for this site. also how do some of you get your boat picture to the left side of the screen here when you answer entrys ??

thanks gg
1981 trojan f308
IN THE HAMPTONS
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Gary , I just asked this a few weeks ago and after many trys I got the photo on my posts the fun part was getting the right size I had it so big you could see any thing else LOL . any way heres the link to my post and the ansers on how to do it . if a computer dummy like me can do it so can you > Good Luck

http://www.trojanboats.net/wforum/viewt ... ight=#4869
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
jav
Moderate User

Post by jav »

Gary,

this can seem hard at first but it's really not... just read carefully and try it til you get it. Here's the steps.

1. Upload your digital pictures to a picture hosting site. There are many free ones like photobucket(dot)com.

2. Photobucket allows you to resize your picture on their site- not all of them do. If you use one that doesn't allow that, make sure the picture file you upload is a reasonable size like (800x600 at 72 dpi).

3. Once your pictures are on one of these sites, from that site, you need to copy the link (url) to that picture. There's many ways to do that and again photobucket has a button under the picture that you click that does it for you. In this step, all your doing is temporarily saving a link to that picture to your computer memory... it doesn't save it, it just holds it in your clipboard memory.

4. Go to where you want to post your picture (here) and start a new thread or post a reply. Inside the box where you type the message, put your mouse where you want the picture, right mouse click and select "paste".

If you did this from photobucket, you should see the text link with image tags before and after the link. Image tags look like an open bracket "[" the abbreviation "img" then a close bracket "]". These are what tells the post that the link between the brackets are an image and not just text.

Some sites don't insert the image tags for you and if thats the case, when you reply or post new here, there is button over the box where you type labelled "img". Just click that box once, then paste in the photo url link then click the "img" button again and hit "submit".

If you did it correctly, you picture will display in the post but you won't see the image tags. If you did it wrong, you won't see the image, but you will see the image tags as text. Also note that the 1st image tag is different than the second. The second image tag will have an "/" before the "img".

as far as the pic next to your signature, the process is similar and if you search back a few pages in this forum, I posted that process before.