Water heater

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

sfarhadi

Water heater

Post by sfarhadi »

Hi Folk

I have 8.6 meter and I need to replace the hotwater heater and teh water pump but I don't know where they are. anyone can help me out here?
Thank you
Steafno
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

Sorry cant help out for location (I have a f32 not 8.6m) but just for misc input I am also replacing my tank water heater,,,,,,, with a tankless model this spring. Reduced weight, size, ect..... I am also going to put a reverse osmosis system for a drinking tap.
MAC32 "Fingers crossed for Flotation"
sfarhadi

Post by sfarhadi »

Thank you very much
sfarhadi

thank you ver much!!!

Post by sfarhadi »

Mac32 wrote:Sorry cant help out for location (I have a f32 not 8.6m) but just for misc input I am also replacing my tank water heater,,,,,,, with a tankless model this spring. Reduced weight, size, ect..... I am also going to put a reverse osmosis system for a drinking tap.
JuiceClark
Moderate User

tankless

Post by JuiceClark »

I actually put a tankless on my pool for quickly heating the hottub. Love it.
Mac, where'd you get your tankless w/h? Mine old fashion one is just about shot.

Tony in Sw FL
1982 F-36
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

Havent got one yet, any recomendations, but need too soon since I allready started ripping the old one out. I have been eye balling ebay and the local home stores for a single sink low volume 120vac unit since I can live without hot water when not at the dock. Just as a side note Lowes actually has the same plastic compression fittings that were original on my trojan, Ill almost be able to do a one stop shop for that project.
MAC32 "Fingers crossed for Flotation"
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

I checked out the tankless 120VAC water heaters like those listed in West Marine and some other sources. The EEMAX unit seemed like it was pretty wimpy even at 29 amps: with only 24F temp rise at 1 gallon per minute flow. Am I correct in assuming that if your water is in your tank at 60 degrees (like it is during early summer here in NY), then the most you can expect is 84 degree water?? I had a friend who put one in his houseboat and was disappointed. I just replaced my old one 12 gal round tank (original) with an 11 gal Atwood. Haven't used it yet, but had to remove the starboard manifold, exhaust, and holding tank to get the new tank in the same place as the old one......these F26s are sorely lacking in spare engine room! (I guess I could have put it on the port side behind the water tank where there is plenty of room.....but of course THAT WOULD BE WAY TOO EASY!
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"