f32 how well do your sliding windows seal?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

g36
Moderate User

f32 how well do your sliding windows seal?

Post by g36 »

1978 f32 when my cabin windows are slid shut there is still a gap between windows. vertically (between the fixed and the slide window)there isnt any material that is there that would form a seal between the two panes.so any ac or heat or water if sprayed from the aft would come in. the frames/tracks dont appear bent, was there something there sometime or was there always a gap between the windows? also i am missing some white plastic trim on a couple of windows that i know is causing a larger gap where that is missing. but if it was there i still think it would still have a gap. anybody had to find this white plastic trim before? or know what i'm trying to explain about the gap and maybe suggest some type of felt, foam or etc to help seal the windows .
JuiceClark
Moderate User

furry strip

Post by JuiceClark »

When I had my windows tinted I had to remove a strip on the edge of each and buy a new strip to replace it. It's not solid...it's has an adhesive on one side and little silvery hairs on the other that fill the gap. For the life of me, I can't remember where I bought the stuff though...perhaps just West Marine or the like.

Maybe someone else knows?
rossjo
Ultimate User

They seal?

Post by rossjo »

They seal? Wow ...

Tony - love to get some of those strips ...
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17