International logos

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Wes
Moderate User

International logos

Post by Wes »

Does anyone here have any idea where I might find the International logos and 10 meter logos that were standard on the international models? I sent an e-mail to Beacon Marine and never received an answer.
Thanks in advance for any info.
Wes
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

I'd like to set up the font and recreate the side stickers too.

The closest I an come up with is "morgan sans condensed lining" but I really have not researched it or looked that hard yet.

Let's put this together and get orders for multiple sets so we can lower the costs and restore a number of these to thier former glory.

RWS
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

Hi RWS,

The logos that I have seen are in metal not stick on. They are about 1/4 inch thick.

It might be a good idea to find someone with the logos and try to borrow them so we could make a mold.

Wes
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Wes,

Could you post a picture?

RWS
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

Hi RWS,

I'm going to be at the marina on Tuesday and I'll try to fine one I can photograph.

I'm not goot at posting on here though. Do you have an e-mail address I can send it to? Mine is DiLuna@aol.com.

Wes
rolytrojan

Post by rolytrojan »

Wes,

If you find the logos I would also like to buy them for my vessel. Maybe we could get a better deal buying a few of them.

Thanks,
Roly
1985 11 Meter International Convertible
6-71TA
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

I'll let you know if I can find them or have them created somewhere.
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

Wes,
A year ago I purchased 2 brand new origional metal 10 meter emblems (the ones that say "10 Meter" ) from Jackson Marine sales on the north east river on the upper chesapeake bay 410-287-9400. They had quite a few emblems when I purchased mine. I believe they had a few 11 and tweleve meter ones too.
I'm looking for the "trojan international" emblem. If anyone has any clear scanable trojan logos I would really appreciate it. I'd like to have some vinyl decals made if I can't find origionals. most of the artwork I have is too rough to scan.

Good Luck,
Todd
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Looks like there may be enough interest in doing this.

I'll get a couple of pics of mine and e-mail them over to the sign company that we use.

Willpost the results here.

RWS
yorklyn
Active User

Post by yorklyn »

Sounds Great!
Thanks RWS
Todd Pote
1987 10 Meter Mid Cabin
Double Pote-N_Sea
1992 Scout 15.5 Center Console
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

Thanks a bunch Todd,

I'll give them a call today.

Wes
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

Hi rolytrojan,
I found the 10 Meter logos at Jackson Marine yesterday. They said they had 2 more sets. The International logo aparently does not exist anymore. I'm going to do some research on the possibility of having them reproduced. God only knows how long that will take or how much. I'll post when I know something.
Wes
gardnersf
Moderate User

Post by gardnersf »

I'm interestd in the logs as well. I will call jackson marine to see if they have any left (10 meter ones) the trojan international ones would be nice as well.
rolytrojan

Post by rolytrojan »

Thanks
1985 11 Meter International Convertible
6-71TA
Wes
Moderate User

Found

Post by Wes »

I found a machine shop where they thought they could make an International logo for me today. They wanted to cut it out of brass and have it chromed. It would be on a solid plate like the 10 meter logo so the pieces wouldn't have to be mounted individually. I'm going to look into the possibility of having it done in aluminum and having a white powder background with screw holes so it can be removed for painting or waxing. They also said they could make the 10 meter logos or 11 or 12, etc. They aren't cheap but right now I'm just looking for a place able to create them. They thought for the brass with chrome it might run between 100.00 and 200.00 ea. If more are ordered the price might go lower. I'm not ready to jump in yet but wanted to let my friends know what I've found so far.