New to the group & Trojans Buying an 11M Express

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Stacyp

New to the group & Trojans Buying an 11M Express

Post by Stacyp »

My wife and I have a couple of little boats (biggest is a 14' Aluminum fishing boat with outboard), we have wanted a bigger boat for years, but also didn't want to break the bank. We found and fell in love with the design, layout and purported build quality / reliability of these boats. We also wanted something that would sleep at least 6 with a big enough aft deck to fish from comfortably by 3-4 people. We put an offer in on a 37' 11M Express with twin 454's which have 880hrs each, the boat is immaculate and has upgraded electronics including radar, depth sounder, fish finder and some other widgets and thingamabobs I don't know how to use(yet). They also installed that Aqua marine deck or equivalent product on both decks, the boat was pulled and the hull repainted 2-years ago. They have a diver clean the bottom and check the zincs every few months (moored in salt water). The knowns based on our first look at the boat, the refrigerator needs to be replaced and the Onan generator although operational looks pretty rough cosmetically (rust / paint issues). We are having the boat inspected 1 week from today and if all is well, we'll be the proud new owners of a Trojan 11M that in my opinion, based on others I see for sale around the country we would be getting for a steal. Wish us luck!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: New to the group & Trojans Buying an 11M Express

Post by prowlersfish »

Congrats and good luck. Make sure the inspection is really a Survey done by a NAMS or a SAMS-accredited surveyor. At 2 years it is time to paint the bottom again. Hope all goes well.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D