listing f32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Roger

listing f32

Post by Roger »

I have a 1974 f32. Last season the boat listed to the starboard side by approximately 2 to 3 inches. This year the list is in the neighbor hood of 5 inches. I've doulbe checked all holding, waste, and fresh water tank for imbalances all appear ok. Any experiences or suggestions??

Thanks
Paul
Active User

List

Post by Paul »

How about fuel levels in port & starboard tanks?

Paul
Cruise Control
JuiceClark
Moderate User

listing

Post by JuiceClark »

The 10000 pound elephant in the room...someone might as well say it...Do you have any soft spots in your decking?? If some of your balsa-cored decking is soaking up water on that listing side, it weighs quite a bit all wet.
Tony
rossjo
Ultimate User

my 1974 F32 lists some

Post by rossjo »

My 1974 F32 lists some as well. The Stbd tank is 5 gals larger - and the water heater tank is there, but then I have stove and fridge on the other side - perhaps the galley on stbd?

Not sure why it lists, but I attributed mine to being docked on the stbd side, whihc doesn;t account for slight list when away frotm eh dock.

Please don't tell me the captain is on the stbd side - I don't weight that much! ;-)

I hope the balsa isn't an issue ...
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
jon_e_quest
Sporadic User

Post by jon_e_quest »

My F26 lists to starboard. All rotten balsa has been replaced. I moved the 20 gallon water tank to port after installing a 20 gallon holding tank to starboard... a net gain to port, but not enough. The only way I can sit on the level is to have full water, at least 2/3 full fuel (the tank is offset to port), and an empty holding tank. I can't help but wonder if having the helm, head, and galley all to starboard is at the root of the problem. I'm considering adding ballast to port. Has anyone tried this?
Current Boats:
1972 35' Chris Craft Commander
1962 18' Chris Craft Cavalier

Former Trojans:
1972 F-36 Tri-Cabin
1976 F-26 Express HT
1978 F-25 Express HT
Paul
Active User

Listing

Post by Paul »

Jon,

My '78 F-26HT sat fairly level with a very heavy stainless fuel tank which was offset to port. Last season, I removed this tank and replaced it with a custom shaped aluminum tank to allow room for a generator installation this season. The lighter tank with no gen last season caused the boat to list to starboard. To remedy this, I placed a few lead bricks in the bottom of the storage under the dinette seat. This worked perfectly.

This season, now that the generator is installed, I was able to remove the lead and the boat still sits level.

Hope this helps
Paul
Cruise Control
jon_e_quest
Sporadic User

Starboard List

Post by jon_e_quest »

Well, I've finally solved my starboard list... Removed the fridge! Was only using it for storage anyway, so I rebuilt the front of the galley cabinet base and added a drawer to match the small one just aft of the sink. And twin doors below to cover an upper and lower shelf like the ones in the space below the sink. A lot more storage space for towels, etc. And no more list to starboard!

The next project will be to convert the space previously occupied by the alcohol stove to more storage that will mimick the storage space behind the sink at the forward end of the galley.
Current Boats:
1972 35' Chris Craft Commander
1962 18' Chris Craft Cavalier

Former Trojans:
1972 F-36 Tri-Cabin
1976 F-26 Express HT
1978 F-25 Express HT
rossjo
Ultimate User

damn!

Post by rossjo »

My fridge is on the port (ouch), and my water heater and 10 gallon large fuel tank are on stbd, so I'm left with moving batteries ...
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

It seems that my little gem lists to the starboard side around one inch or so. I do not fill the water tank at all, the head holds around 5 gal or so. All the crap is stored on the starboard side with very little on the port. Now I just installed the new fridge that is a little heaver than the ice box that was there. So depending how much beer is being chilled, I may list a little more but never have I seen 5 inch. Well depending how much beer I drink maybe I list to port and cancel it out :lol:
Rick 1976 Trojan E-26 Express 351 FI
Info@emaltd.com