Political Correctness Strikes Again

Use this forum to comment on subjects **not** related to Trojan boats or boating. We provide this area as an outlet for general comments and issues of the day.

Note: Our intent is to make this area un-moderated or more accurately -- self moderated. We will, however, implement sanctions for troublesome posters as required (contact the Moderator with questions or complaints -- moderator@trojanboats.net).

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

Oh wait I get it, you mean that you would not put up with being offended in your home, you would put the offensive person/thing out. Good. That is your choice in your home. But out in the world who gets to choose what is offensive? you? me? the jits with their pants hanging off their rumps? The fast food clerk with more piercings than a pin cushion.? I don't much care for a lot of things but don't propose to outlaw it. BUT THERIN LIES THE CRUX OF THE MATTER. With political correctness as it is now, things are not usually or always made against the law, they are just foisted upon us with the threat of being punished , economic or political for not being PC.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

Oh and sorry to rant and rave so, but the matter hits close to home for me and also i spent 2 hours watching a slow moving movie with little plot and my brain is racing from having idled so long. That and the caffeine from about a pound of M+M's!
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

foofer b wrote:Oh and sorry to rant and rave so, but the matter hits close to home for me and also i spent 2 hours watching a slow moving movie with little plot and my brain is racing from having idled so long. That and the caffeine from about a pound of M+M's!
Thats ok now as far being offended by some one with too many holes or piercings do what I do I go else where if I still feel like eating '

I am not saying to outlaw it Just saying try to be nice . ( I have my moments believe me) the folks who run photowhat ever have the right to limit what they want as they own the site not you and not me .

as far as this section goes its pretty open but there are limits I am sure . Now layoff the M&Ms

as Far as the low pant you better be the plummer in my home.

And Yes I think being politically correct is getting carried away . But not when you joke about people with needs
Last edited by prowlersfish on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

I never said the word to anyone. I doubt there are any challenged people reading this forum. I would never say hurtful things to someone, whether it is faggot, queer, fat slob, gimp, idiot, etc. My picture of the birds was humor, not putting someone down.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

You can call me fat because it s true I take no offense but Don't call me a idiot only I can do that and I do often
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

<GROUP HUG!>
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
Eddie Haskell

Post by Eddie Haskell »

My wife calss me a genius a lot. Usually has another word in front of genius though (f-ing)!!