penant flag

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gettaway
Active User

trojan pennant

Post by gettaway »

Pestige Flag in San Diego made and makes these pennants and has the template to produce more. Of course quantity lowers the price. I am buying one, anyone else in?
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

I just spoke with Prestige, the person who had the pennant made has asked prestige to NOT SELL the flag to anyone else. she was unsure why but has to honor them. I'll keep you posted
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Sir,

A fellow Trojan owner named "Jimini" started the project to get penenats designed and made for us. He did it out of the goodness of his heart (and desire to get a penant). He was plagued by helth problms, and we have not heard from despite many peoples efforts since lats fall.

Another great Trojan onwer, David Kane, took over for Jimini and got the orders together, collected moneys, and sent them to us.

Hats off again to David and Jimini. If they "own" the relationship with Prestige, then I think its well deserved. I don't what their intentions are, but many of us are extremely grateful for the efforts they put in to get these pennants affordably for us (at no personal gain to themselves - and indeed much personal time /effort and risk of payment issues) to themselves) - so I for one support their decision.

I would suggest PM'ing Jimini (no response to my efforts in Dec'09 to thank him) and David Kane (who hasn't been active here in some time) ...

I wish you luck - the pennants are really nice ...
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
gettaway
Active User

Post by gettaway »

Rossjo,

thanks for the the information, The girl and Prestige told me that the person who asked them not to sell to anyone else had intentions to sell them through Ebay and Amazon and referred me in that direction,
I have asked her to quote a pennant with the same shape and demisions, except with only a Trojan mascot log in a single color of Navy.
I will offer the same as the other gentleman as the discount come in ordering quantity.

Scott
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

Doesn't sound like Jimini or David Kane - neither had aspirations of making any money on this. They wer ejust good guys trying to help out their Trojan friends.

Prestige may be the one who is planning to sell these on Ebay ...

What does everyone else think???????
smplybttr

Post by smplybttr »

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that if these guys were thumbing their nose at copyright, then they weren't too invested to continue it. If someone can make another design, what is the issue? And if the moderators own the mark, that right is buried pretty deep in Google, because I can't find it. And Google can find most things in like .34 seconds. That's their thing...
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

The owners to the Trademark or copywright could get a cease and desist order but what real damages could they claim?
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
Jersdevil
Moderate User

Post by Jersdevil »

I'll take a one if you order them.
Hank Newman
"Winsome" 1979 - F30 Clean Machine
First Sergeant, U.S. Army Retired
Co-Owner Don Snyder
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

If you knew Jimini and David Kane, you'd know they weren't interested in making money on this. If they felt some ownership, I think they deserved it, but not sure why they would want to tie this ese up ... In fact - I think they would wnat someone else on the board to carry on what they started.

I suggest that Prestige Flag may be the one trying to make some money on this - but not sure why they wouldn't even talk about a bulk order.

There are MANY banner companies - simply find one, and spearhead a new order ... the design is no longer copyrighted ... so go for it.
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

I can't find Waldo anywhere in this mess. If you want a hat, flag or shirt, it looks like you'll have to make it yourself. :? Was Waldo German or Irish?
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

wowzer52 wrote:I can't find Waldo anywhere in this mess. If you want a hat, flag or shirt, it looks like you'll have to make it yourself. :? Was Waldo German or Irish?
herr waldo ist deutsch. :lol:
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Have Prestiege change one of the colors and it's different.

I do not agree at all with the copyright situation, however with all due respect to our "factory" support from Beacon Marine and Marine Tech and in consideration of thier providing this forum, website and replacement parts and information, I choose not to challenge them, but will irregardless of it's merits, respect thier claim.

Of course it's thier business enterprise, but that support is of far greater importance than a hat or tee shirt.

I believe it is in our mutual best interest to do so.

RWS
1983 10 Meter SOLD after 21 years of adventures
Yanmar diesels
Solid Glass Hull
Woodless Stringers
Full Hull Liner
Survived Andrew Cat 5,Eye of Charley Cat 4, & Irma Cat 2
Trojan International Website: http://trojanboat.com/

WEBSITE & SITELOCK TOTALLY SELF FUNDED
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

Well put Rws.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
Tuck
Moderate User

Post by Tuck »

RWS wrote:Have Prestiege change one of the colors and it's different.

I do not agree at all with the copyright situation, however with all due respect to our "factory" support from Beacon Marine and Marine Tech and in consideration of thier providing this forum, website and replacement parts and information, I choose not to challenge them, but will irregardless of it's merits, respect thier claim.

Of course it's thier business enterprise, but that support is of far greater importance than a hat or tee shirt.

I believe it is in our mutual best interest to do so.

RWS
you should be a attorney. :D

all joking aside...you pretty much summed up my thoughts on the entire matter. i'd love to have a burgee, but i'm not going to make waves over it (pun intended) if it risks miffing the powers that be, so to speak.
Last edited by Tuck on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terran
1986 Silverton 40' Aftcabin

Terran
(former 1977 F-32)
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

Well put.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"