67 Sea Voyager Trip from AL to AR

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

GruntzenGrones

67 Sea Voyager Trip from AL to AR

Post by GruntzenGrones »

I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd catch y'all up. After a few fits & starts -- clogged exhaust manifold water jacket, 2 broken strut bolts & a broken flex plate -- the boat is now in Memphis with only 270 of the original 900 miles left to go. Unfortunately, I ran out of time & had to go back to work.

I have to say that, other than the few problems one might expect to encounter on a 43-year-old boat, the old girl performed admirably. Her Ford 427s might be a bit thirsty but they sure do move her along.

The 2 days we spent on the Mississippi were awesome -- something that everybody should experience at least once in a lifetime. Contrary to what I had heard, the towboat captains were easy to get along with -- one even told us where a great anchorage was. The current, while a bit tricky, gave us a 3-4 mph boost and there wasn't too much debris to dodge.

All I need to do now is schedule another 4 days off work and I'll finally get her to Little Rock.
Current Fleet:
* "Rivendell" - 1967 Sea Voyager 42' woody
* "Up The Creek" - 6' wood dinghy - leaky hull - no paddles
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

Congrats, glad to hear it's going good. how about some pics?
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"