Pricing for 42 foot Sea Voyager

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

L'Etoile de Mer

Post by L'Etoile de Mer »

We own a 42 foot 1968 Sea Voyager that we purchased in Plattsburgh NY 2 years. We travelled with the boat to NC and moved the boat back to Norfolk to an in-water garage. We aren't able to go further with the boat due to our work schedule outside of the US. We would like to sell the boat, but not sure how to go about doing this and what is a fair price would be to sell the boat.
Any suggestions? Thanks, B & P :?:
L'Etoile de Mer - 1968, 42' Sea Voyager
pggarland

Post by pggarland »

What condition is it in? I have a 1969 36' Sea Voyager that I purchased a few years ago in "ok" condition for $18,000. I suspect a 42 footer in good condition would get anywhere from $40,000 - 80,000. Poorer condition downgrades the price dramatically, especially in wood boats.

Paul
Sterling I - 36' 1969 Sea Voyager (as seen in Sea Hunt)
L'Etoile de Mer

Post by L'Etoile de Mer »

Here is a link to pictures of the boat : http://groups.msn.com/42SeaVoyager/letoiledemer.msnw
She is in pretty good condition, but with some work to do on the aft deck.
L'Etoile de Mer - 1968, 42' Sea Voyager
Wingit48

Post by Wingit48 »

I have a 42 Sea Voyager, 1972 identical to yours except with a full flying bridge. The boat is in good condition although certainly not pristine nor show quality since I use it for charters and commercial cocktail cruises. I had it appraised last year and the figure came out to $ 40,000.00. I have also seen them as cheap as $ 4,500.00 in rough condition but still floating. You may want to try Wooden Boat magazine or iboats.com.