Heading North

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Peter
Moderate User

Heading North

Post by Peter »

Hope summer is going well for all....(even alexander 38... :roll: ). heading out in am... finally... on a 16 day cruise to the North Channel of Lake Huron... spent the last 3 months working on the Midlife Crisis... all shined up and real purdy.Fridge and freezer packed full.New bottle of Crown Royal ready to be cracked soon as the anchor drops. Safe,happy and liberal boating [I mean lots of boating ,of course 8) ] to all. Have a great rendevous.
Please insert acceptable political or boating statement here...or not... I really don't give a crap....
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

Sounds like a great trip. Just returned from a great day on the water myself......safe travels and let us know how it goes..........John
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

I am sure you will have a great time. I have spent many happy boating hours in the North Channel. Some of the most beautiful and pristine lands around.

What are some of your destinations?
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
Peter
Moderate User

Post by Peter »

Lake Erie to Detroit River,past Detroit/Winsor,across Lake St Clair to Algonac Mich 1st night, then to Kincardine Ont 2nd night,then Tobermory for 1-2 nights,then Killarney for one, then gunkhole for 7 days ( agenda pretty rough at this point other the Bay Fine of course for 1 night....so many choices..) May just follow the route laid out in last month's Lake Land Boating....Spent so much time working on the boat haven't refined the agenda yet....Have a New Richarsons,and new Blue Chart Chip. will spend the evenings on the way up pouring over the charts....(assuming not fixing broken boat..) uhhh prior to the Crown Royal of course....Straight run back, but to stop at Port Elgin and Put in Bay...
Please insert acceptable political or boating statement here...or not... I really don't give a crap....
k9th
Ultimate User

Post by k9th »

Gotta do Tobermory & have the fish at Killarney. If you go west far enough Little Current is great and so are the Benjamin Islands and Gore Bay.

Sadly, we are not going to make it there this year opting for a trip down the Illinois waterway to the Mississippi and how ever far we get before time runs out and we have to head back.

Have a great trip and I am sure your Trojan will serve you well.
Tim

"SeaDog"
1979 36' Tri-Cabin
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Have a very safe and fun trip
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

Aren't all the best vacations those with no plans, no iteneraries, or schedules, just a rough idea of where and what?

WE envy you. Enjoy those cool nights.
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

I have heard Henry's Fish Restaurant - on Frying Pan Island (near Parry Sound) is a pretty cool place too. No road links to the island, so all customers arrive by seaplane or boat.
Rodman
Moderate User

Post by Rodman »

foofer b wrote:Aren't all the best vacations those with no plans, no iteneraries, or schedules, just a rough idea of where and what?

WE envy you. Enjoy those cool nights.

Roy lets go to the keys in October or November spend few days
Trojan
** F25 Hardtop - Express - 1974 - 25 ft
** F26 Hardtop - Express - 1971 - 26 ft
foofer b
Ultimate User

Post by foofer b »

Let's do it. November would be nice. Do you dive?
MY CURRENT FLEET
2003 KEY WEST 2020 WA
1978 14' ASHCRAFT SKIFF
aweimer
Moderate User

Post by aweimer »

Peter wrote:Lake Erie to Detroit River,past Detroit/Winsor,across Lake St Clair to Algonac Mich 1st night, then to Kincardine Ont 2nd night,then Tobermory for 1-2 nights,then Killarney for one, then gunkhole for 7 days ( agenda pretty rough at this point other the Bay Fine of course for 1 night....so many choices..) May just follow the route laid out in last month's Lake Land Boating....Spent so much time working on the boat haven't refined the agenda yet....Have a New Richarsons,and new Blue Chart Chip. will spend the evenings on the way up pouring over the charts....(assuming not fixing broken boat..) uhhh prior to the Crown Royal of course....Straight run back, but to stop at Port Elgin and Put in Bay...
I'm about 1hr east of Put in Bay, drop me a note when your on your way back through. Sounds like a fun trip!
Aaron
Lake Erie, OH
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g39 ... 20It%20Up/
Rodman
Moderate User

Post by Rodman »

foofer b wrote:Let's do it. November would be nice. Do you dive?

yes
Trojan
** F25 Hardtop - Express - 1974 - 25 ft
** F26 Hardtop - Express - 1971 - 26 ft
Big D
Ultimate User

Post by Big D »

Sounds like an awsom trip. Here`s hoping for fair seas and great sunsets.

Remeber the rest of us and take some pics please.
She was a 1969 36 ft wooden beauty with big blue 440s that we'll miss forever.
And thanks to the gang, 2012 Trojan Boater Of The Year