NY members?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Audrey II
Sporadic User

NY members?

Post by Audrey II »

Are there any members from my region? I boat on the Hudson River but do make it out to the LI sound a few times a year. I know we almost had a 11 meter in Essex but he bought a Larson instead.
1996 Trojan 440
BobCT
Active User

not NY but LI Sound

Post by BobCT »

I'm in West Haven, CT. We're going to try and make the NYC run at some point next year so I'll be down that way. Port Jeff is about as far east on LI that we've gone so far.

Bob
1988 10m mid cabin
todd brinkerhoff
Moderate User

Post by todd brinkerhoff »

I'm in the Finger Lakes, Lake Ontario, and the Erie Canalway.
1991 Trojan International 10.8 Meter Express hull# 003 - 454 Crusaders
1961 Century Raven 22 - Gray Marine 327

http://s1086.photobucket.com/home/Todd_ ... hoff/index
Audrey II
Sporadic User

Post by Audrey II »

This is not the lengthy list I was hoping for but I'm glad to see a couple members. Todd you are a long way from the area I boat in I enjoyed looking at the photos in you link that a good looking boat.

Bob I have never made it West Haven at least not by boat. I went to college in Bridgeport and my wife went to Hartford but that was many years ago. I have been to many marinas is your area but not there in West Haven over the years I've made to Bristol, Black Rock, Essex several times , Norwallk countless times Cos Cob for the first time this year, and I sure I've left out many others. I have been to many more on the LI side as well. The sound is a great place to boat with so many terrific places to go you could travel every weekend and take years to see it all. If you have time you may want to broaden your comfort zone and visit some great spots like Montauk or Block Island two places I have gone two years in a row and I'm sure I will return. I bit pricey but great family places and fun marinas.

I'm sure we can't be the only ones from this region I hope more check in. I was wondering if there was enough members to have a get together for the NY area. Having seen the pictures in another thread it looks like fun.
1996 Trojan 440
MTP
Moderate User

Post by MTP »

Both Wes and I are in Clinton as well as about 6 other Trojans at our yard, I dont think they are forum members
TIKI III
1985 F32
270 Crusaders
Wet and happy
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak ... 9727_n.jpg
Audrey II
Sporadic User

Post by Audrey II »

Now we're talking maybe there are enough members to organize a Trojan gathering the six from you yard members or not are Trojans and would be more then welcome. Just food for thought, Being the majority are in CT I would be happy to make a trip out that way I anyone has a good cove that could handle a bunch of boats in maybe a big raft up someplace with access to dink the dogs to the beach to be walked, I think it might be fun. Plenty of time to plan, but keep this in mind and give some thoughts to dates that might work for you.
1996 Trojan 440
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

I'm on the Great Sacandaga Lake northwest of Albany. To meet you I'll have to rev up the ol' 318 and get enough speed to jump the dam at the end of the lake, whitewater down the Black River, slide over the dam by Lake Luzerne, and then plunk down into the Hudson. Phew, I'm tired just thinking about that trip!
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
Audrey II
Sporadic User

Post by Audrey II »

randyp wrote:I'm on the Great Sacandaga Lake northwest of Albany. To meet you I'll have to rev up the ol' 318 and get enough speed to jump the dam at the end of the lake, whitewater down the Black River, slide over the dam by Lake Luzerne, and then plunk down into the Hudson. Phew, I'm tired just thinking about that trip!
That would be something to see:) I used to boat on a small lake for a few year I"m glad we moved to the River it really opens the door to traveling.
1996 Trojan 440
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

We had the boat transported from the lake to the Mohawk River a couple of years ago and then took a 4 week trip on the canal system. Had a lot of fun and plan to do it again. Only drawback is that you DONT want to swim in the canal unless you plan on glowing in the dark afterwards.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
Audrey II
Sporadic User

Post by Audrey II »

randyp wrote:We had the boat transported from the lake to the Mohawk River a couple of years ago and then took a 4 week trip on the canal system. Had a lot of fun and plan to do it again. Only drawback is that you DONT want to swim in the canal unless you plan on glowing in the dark afterwards.
I agree that is some gross water however it's very scenic. I'm planing a trip up the locks next season it's been a few years and I want to go again, actually my wife suggested it. I'm thinking I will go to lake Champlain on a 7 to 10 day trip. In fact I invited friends to join us while at dinner last night, They went with us on the last lock trip in the Erie canal great memories I have been meaning to upload some of those picture to my photobucket account.

If you are planning to go this coming season let me know. It would be nice to see a friendly face while underway. I must say that on my last trip through the locks everywhere we stopped the people were unbelievably friendly, I think many of the water front towns are near dead towns and enjoy the occasional visitors spending money in their towns the are great full in fact. There are several towns that built nice bulkheads and provide free docking on a first come basis with the hopes boaters will spent money in the town. Even provide water and electric great deal and I make sure to return the favor in a town restaurant. The more I talk about this the more I look forward to spring.
1996 Trojan 440
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Sounds like it'll be a great trip. We've not gone up the Champlain yet, but it's a nice trip according to friends who have. If you go that way let me know. We're not that far from Waterford or Mechanicville and can join you for lunch or just to say hi and bon voyage! Waterford has a really nice visitor center and town dock.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
Audrey II
Sporadic User

Post by Audrey II »

randyp wrote:Sounds like it'll be a great trip. We've not gone up the Champlain yet, but it's a nice trip according to friends who have. If you go that way let me know. We're not that far from Waterford or Mechanicville and can join you for lunch or just to say hi and bon voyage! Waterford has a really nice visitor center and town dock.
Waterford is one of the free town docks I have stayed at I eat dinner in an Iris pub and even remember what I eat, a Reuben sandwich. The docking electric and water is free and they even have clean bathroom with showers. They had a donation box and sell tees and sweat shirts we bought several I still wear them from time to time. There is a good chance that would be my first stop on my trip. I forget how many locks there are in the Champlain canal I guess I know what I be doing later. (reading the charts)
Assuming I make the trip like I plan I will let you know. It would be in July or August. I plan to hit Martha's Vineyard this year as well so I not sure about timing.
OK 60 miles and 12 locks I've only been through 6 in each canal
1996 Trojan 440
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

If you go, you'll have a great trip. The route up to Champlain is through some really pretty country, and Champlain is a beautiful lake. You can send me a PM if you are going and we can exchange phone numbers.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
crazyyankee

Post by crazyyankee »

Western Lake Ontario here, but I live in Rochester. Just joined the Trojan club with a 1985 10M. We are really excited to get her in the water, but must wait until the Spring. Lots of work ahead of us to get her rigged and ready to chase Salmon and Trout in 2011!

Our Twitter and our Facebook page.
mytrojan

Post by mytrojan »

We are from Ithaca on Cayuga Lake. I think there is a 67 seavoyager from Liverpool too.

Would be great to have a mini rendevous next summer around Syracuse!
1971 SeaVoyager 36 "Scallywag"