Front cabin windows

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

wvernie

Front cabin windows

Post by wvernie »

Where do you find the front glass for the windows in the cabin for a 26 ft.Trojan boat. Mine is a 1976 model. They have cracks in them and need replaced, any info would be appreciated.
chumwithabottleofrum
Sporadic User

Post by chumwithabottleofrum »

Ernie-the front windows in your f26 are probably NOT glass but clear plastic (I have an 1979 F26 HT). They are probably acrylic. I redid my window about four years ago-remove the frames. Took the plastic out of the frame, replaced with polycarbonate and reset my window frames. I have a document I can send you that lays out what and how I did it. Drop me an e-mail: h2oproof@hotmail.com and I would be happy to send it to you. If you replace the plastic I would suggest polycarboante instead of actylic-it is a little more expensive but is tougher and is more scratch resistant.
JuiceClark
Moderate User

wondered 'bout that

Post by JuiceClark »

I wondered what the front windows were. When I replaced the side windows, they were two rather thin pieces of glass sandwiched together. A local glass shop made replacements in about 20 minutes...cheap too.

Don't forget to put a lil tint on them when replacing...easier and cheaper that way.