Anyone install air cond. 1979 32 trojan sedan

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

tham57

Post by tham57 »

captainmaniac wrote:For those who have installed A/Cs in an F32 below the electrical panel (beside the stairs to the lower cabin), or run ductwork through that space, have you had any problems with condensation induced corrosion in the breaker and fuse panels ?

My A/C currently sits under the forward bench seat in the dinette, and its ducting is only in the lower cabin. The starboard hanging locker was pretty much lost to all the ducting... I would like to free up the hanging locker and route some ducting to the salon, or perhaps even relocate the A/C unit itself and get the storage area under the dinette seat back, but was concerned with introducing condensation too close to the wiring...
I have no electrical corrosion problems there.
rshelly

Post by rshelly »

good question... I am in the iddle of the installation - plan to run the duct work to the main salon right where you questioned. Hope this won't be a problem - but practically did not see any better location! Good luck
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

Once you are done, would be interested in knowing how you routed things around the electrical space, where you ended up putting your vents, and how easy / tough you found the job. Might become a project for me next winter.
rossjo
Ultimate User

I have an RV unti

Post by rossjo »

I have an RV roof unit in the salon roof. It blows the hot air (no water) in the bridge area around the foot of the forward bench seat. Works OK - and easy to setup. We don't use AC except at night to sleep, so its not problem ....
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
rshelly

Post by rshelly »

will do...