87 10M Trojan Int Seacock

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

davescarrs
Sporadic User

87 10M Trojan Int Seacock

Post by davescarrs »

I'm looking at purchasing a Trojan by Bertram 1987 10 meter International. Both seacocks for the engine water intake appear to be frozen (locked in open position) Has anyone ever found the fiberglass around the mount to need work/replacement due to delamination aroud the thru hull opening? I'm hoping I just need to replace seacock.
Safari

Post by Safari »

Before going crazy, if there is a nut on the side of that seacock, you may want to loosen it, and then tap on the end with a hammer - that usually does the trick.
Apple

Post by Apple »

What looks like delamination may be where a little extra chop was used to beef up the spot where the valves were installed. When I removed my valves from my '86, the hull liner and hull were not compressed together at that spot. When I put new seacocks in, I mixed a small batch of epoxy and filler and joined the two. Then I installed the new valves.

Apple......
1986 10 Meter Sedan