F32 with rot at both aft corners of salon

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Island Bob

Post by Island Bob »

Yep, I spent a significant amount of my youth trying to convince my dad that teak looked better naturally ignored... I mean faded. Never worked.

Thanks again for the info, and congratulations and best of luck with the boat.
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

A very late reply to this thread, but just thought I would share something that I have experienced. In hard rains I occasionally found the salon carpet wet in the aft port corner. Took a while to track it down, but root cause was caulking of the port side salon window frame. Rain was apparently getting past the outer seal, running aft under the window track until it found a fastener/hole that it could follow in through the fibreglass. Then it continued to run down the inside of the hull to the wood trim around the side cupboards, then followed that aft until it finally decided to drip about 6" forward of the rear window.

Stripping and recaulking the window frame / hull junction stopped the drip.