F32 Side Fuel Tank Removal

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Mac32
Moderate User

F32 Side Fuel Tank Removal

Post by Mac32 »

Has anybody removed their F32 fuel tanks on the port & starboard side of the engines without pulling the engines? It looks like I may be able to sneak them around back If I pull the exaust hoses and risers, but I dont want to get that far only to realize I need another inch. the other option is to yank the exaust manufolds and sneak them between the floor overhang and valve head but that looks to be awful close too.

Fred
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

I've pondered that question too. Looking at the engines wondering if I removed this, if I removed that...

Probably just as less a headache to just unbolt the engine/trans and get them out of the way and do it right. But, perhaps someone has done it without removing the engines.
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

I would yank the engines because they are on my list for rebuild unfortunatly my boat is backed into a workshop wall and sitting on stands many miles away from any way to move it so I have no lift access.

But I have a slow drip from one of the tanks so they must come out before its time to splash in the spring.

So I am going to do it, but I just need to take the least destructive way thats going to work and I am hoping someone has made it happen for them.... :D