Swim Platforms...revisited

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Swim Platforms...revisited

Post by Stripermann2 »

Okay, I've exhausted my used swim platform search for my F32.
(Unless someone's got one right now for sale...)
I found a supplier who custom builds them from Plasteak, relatively inexpensivly. 120" X 18".

I know the depth and length are the same as the F36 but not sure about transom radius...

Now, the million dollar question: Does anyone know the camber or curved dimension of the transom? I can go down and measure it but want to get this ball rolling... I'll wait until I go down to the boat and measure it otherwise.

Thanks.
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

Try Flounder Pounder.

http://fpmarine.com/
WillieTrojan (Owned F32, Willpower in Kinsale, Va)
Spanish Fort, Al

Looking for 33 International
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Neat site, Willie..thanks for passing it along!
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Striperman2, when I was replacing my aft deck I looked into Plasteak, I had to give them a dimensional drawing. The curve of the transom is 275.2 “ Radius with a 10' beam. Hope this will help.
Rick 1976 Trojan E-26 Express 351 FI
Info@emaltd.com
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Rick, thank you. Yes, I am speaking of Plasteak. They have a special running 'til the end of the month. (Just found out about them yesterday..)
691.00 for a custom teak (looking) swim platform with the dimensions, I listed.

http://plasteak.com/osc/product_info.ph ... cts_id=328

Just to double check with you, are you absolute about the radius on the F32? Yes, the platform is 10' X 18" Can you explain the measurement you listed? I would have just squared the transom in the center and averaged the distant from both ends, to the transom to get the curve.

Thanks for your help.

Jamie
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

That is what I did, However, I wanted to be sure because I was looking at around 4 thousand to do my deck. So I did the drawing in AutoCAD 2001I that I use all the time, and let the program figure the radius by picking the three points. If you want, give me the beam dim, and the offset from center to the edge and I will give you the exact radius . If your beam is 10' you should be ok, but your offset could be different, one inch would make a much larger or shorter radius. Send me your numbers and we will be right.
Info@emaltd.com
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Thanks Rick, my other solvent would be, to make a template of my brother's swim platform on his F32, in the slip next to me...and take all measurements from his platform to hull.

Jamie
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

That will work , Ray at Flexiteek can work off that kind of templet for you and he would send you back his templet for you to test fit before he would cut your platform. Now I have a question for you, are you getting a solid platform you can stand on , or are you getting a cut piece of plastiteek to laminate to an old platform. I looked into this stuff, and I redone my back aft deck with real teak for under 500.00 and I had just about 100 sqft
Info@emaltd.com
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Rick, I never had a platform for this boat. (as they say, REAL fishing boats don't have swim platforms!)

Seriously though, we do a lot of gunkholing with friends and other boaters and the time is now different, where it'd be nice to have one.

I am purchasing a new solid swim platform. The platform is like you see on the website with a variety of color or teak look. I will need to get the brackets though.

Jamie
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

I looked at the site, Nice stuff, I thought we wrer talking about Plastiteek, not the same company. You can always use more room on the boat with the platform LOL
Info@emaltd.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Stripermann2 you have Mail
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D