1986 f 32 a/c where is compressor

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Bear

1986 f 32 a/c where is compressor

Post by Bear »

I just bought a 1986 f32 owner took a/c compressor out says it goes under the back deck he took it out cause he put another water tank he cut the original one out put a plastic one in its place and put another one on top he was on a moring and I guess needed lots of water. I want to remove one tank as I don't need all that water and I'm usuming this where the a/c goes he said everything is there just need to hook it back up. does anyone have pics of this area before I undo the deck and take out the water tank I like to know what I'm getting into thanks! any info welcome pics or no pics thanks Bear
Jim Bear Shut up & reel II ( life is short go fish)
mikeandanne
Moderate User

Re: 1986 f 32 a/c where is compressor

Post by mikeandanne »

The original water tank in our 78 is fibreglass and is mounted between the aft stringers, the top of the tank is about 3/4 ply and on top of that was the a/c compressor kind of in the middle of the ply......when we repaired the water tank I put a new waste tank on the aft section of that ply and repositioned the compressor closer to the aft bulkhead ....with the deck up there is lots of room to work.......also replaced the fuel tanks, once that deck is up might as well, i have often thought that it would be good to split that deck into two user friendly pieces.......if you do a search I believe you will find some pics from different owners on here.....
Bear

Post by Bear »

Thanks for the info good idea about replacing gas tanks
Jim Bear Shut up & reel II ( life is short go fish)
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

If you are going to put an A/C system in between the tanks, make sure it is ignition protected. If a tank, fuel line, vent line, or fitting ever leaks and you end up with fumes in that compartment, a non-ignition protected unit could be disaster.
gitchisum
Moderate User

Post by gitchisum »

86 should have aluminum fuel tanks, my 88 does.

My A/C is in the same place as described, cannot really get to it easily , as my genny is under the aft hatch.
88 321 Sedan 270 crusaders
2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000
97 Lowe Roughneck 17TC
1948 Alumacraft K14, Evinrude twin 6hp " Still kickin"