Invitation To All

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Christian
Sporadic User

Invitation To All

Post by Christian »

Hi Guys,

I would like to invite you to visit my new website http://www.realityboating.com!

Recently, I noticed a lack of information for the new Canadian boaters out there and thought that sharing my journey would benefit some people. Fear not though, I will continue to post my progress on Trojanboats.net

The website will be covering my experiences with my boat. The intention is to gather the boating community and have how-tos, interviews with regular folks on how they got into boating along with some of the work and modifications they have done on their boats. Finally, include content from industry professionals.

If you have any ideas on things that should be covered, please let me know. I will make every effort in including it on my site. The site is changing almost daily as I add new things.

Some ideas for content so far:
Interview with a marina owner
Interview with other boat owners
Interview with a Parks Canada Lockmaster
I might even invite Barrie if he apologizes for saying I was OCD… :D

As always, your input is most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Christian
Barrie
Moderate User

Re: Invitation To All

Post by Barrie »

Hey Christian! the web site looks great so far, great Idea!
There is so much I want to learn about this boating bug I caught, beyond the actual boat itself, your site sounds like it will be a help.
My wife and I have even planned our holidays around this theme, we've booked a week on a Happy Days house boat in Bobcaygeon to see the sights and do some locking:)

If you've seen my updates you'll see I've been pretty busy on my boat, making progress, although slow.

OK I apologize for the O.C.D. comment, you might not be O.C.D., but I know you are a multipotentialite.
You might want to check this out http://www.ted.com/talks/emilie_wapnick ... ue_calling

Regards
Barrie
Aylmer Ontario, Canada
36' Tri-Fly "The Obvious"
Christian
Sporadic User

Re: Invitation To All

Post by Christian »

Hi Barrie,

Although I don’t comment too often, I do follow your progress closely. What an amazing job you are doing. What an amazing bunch of people on the forum! I can’t wait to get to my boat and continue work on her. I laughed when I saw your post on the soft deck on your boat. I remember walking there and feeling it right off the bat…

I hope you know I was kidding about the OCD stuff. I get called that all the time :D
Thank you so much for the TED talk about Multipotentialites. It is uncanny how that describes me exactly. No one true calling but an urge to learn new things all the time… People are always asking me if there is one thing I have never done. I always think to myself “a bunch but I’ll get here”…

As an example, in the past month or so, while learning this boating thing, I also have learned how to create websites (I now have 3). How to edit films with Adobe Premiere and will start learning how to conduct interviews very shortly. All self-taught.

On a side note, I would really like to come and see you in the spring to see your progress and maybe have you talk about the work you have done and what is next.

The link to the video on the website was my first attempt at creating a movie. At the time I took the footage, I was not planning on sharing it on Youtube so the footage is kind of shaky. I have since then, bought a gimbal to shoot steady footage with a Gopro.

For all the guys out there that don’t know about Ted talks, I urge you to go and look at some of them. They are all very good and enlightening.

Kind regards,

Christian