Fuel cost savings...

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

Don't forget that Virginia will repay you .17 a gallon, that's the road tax.

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/citizen/fuel_tax.asp
Last edited by willietrojan on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WillieTrojan (Owned F32, Willpower in Kinsale, Va)
Spanish Fort, Al

Looking for 33 International
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Yep, Willie is correct about the rebate.
BP and Amoco are the same company now, for the past few years at least.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/the ... 149139.stm

Something to consider: Marina's which sell fuel vs. highway stations generally don't pump as much fuel as their road brethens. With that notion, their (marina) refills are on a less occurance. IF fuel price from their supplier is say, 3.92 and they sell for 4.00 per gallon, they will keep that pump price until their next purchase of fuel. It might then, go up or it might come down, dependant on what their margins of price is, at the time of purchase.

The friendly Texaco down the street may go through 2-5 tankers in a 5-7 day period, the price you pay at the pump will vary, up and down.
The marina is not going to vary his price until he pays for another shipment. That could be most of all summer.

I will plan most trips with more consideration to fuel prices, more than I have in the past. I just bought Floscans and am going to start monitoring the boat's usage. Really looking forward to using them as they will surely be a fuel saver for me. Also, being a BoatUS member, I will pay more attention to those 10% discount marina fuel locations when considering fuel purchases.
Mac32
Moderate User

Post by Mac32 »

This reminds me of the conversation I had with my buddy who owned a Egg about the same size as the F32 I was about to purchase......I asked him how much would it cost in fuel to take the F32 from grand haven michigan to Chicago. :D

He gave me this stupid stare :? and said in the most serious tone I had hever from " If you have to ask......then dont buy the boat, go buy a sailboat" and actually walked away.......huh

He never did tell me, but was the first to ask me (with a big ole grin) :lol: "So how much did you drop on fuel" Then after a while he asked if it was worth it, then compared it to the cost of a tharapist. :roll:
MAC32 "Fingers crossed for Flotation"