yacht tender?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

jimini

Post by jimini »

rjcress I am looking for a yacht tender too but coming up with the same issues as you...

I believe the Walker 8 or 10 would fit the build if one installed the air tube package which would give it more floation and stability and would also increase the HP if needed.... I am now considering installing removable davits to the transom as I don't like the flip up dinghy mounts on the swim platform. There are davits from West Marine for 350lbs. for around $1400 plus.... kind of steep but still under what most places are charging for them.. Thinking about buying a new dinghy now and purchasing a tube kit next year and also a used 4hp outboard - most fishermen who buy a four horse motor ususally trade it for a higher HP later when they purchase a larger fishing boat...

I'm still looking used but deals just don't seem to be there... I think its being at the right place at the right time!

jimini
You've gotta be tough if you're gonna be STUPID!

jimini
jimini

Post by jimini »

Nice dinghy! Was your lucky day!!
You've gotta be tough if you're gonna be STUPID!

jimini