I can see spring and water

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rick1954
Moderate User

I can see spring and water

Post by rick1954 »

I have to ride by my little Seascape every day on the way to work, She keeps calling out to me as I ride by “ Rick Rick get on board” “ oh don’t forget the beer” that is my girl LOL. Most all the snow is gone now with the 65 deg day we had yesterday . I cant wait to pull the shrink wrap and start working. I am going to add that el fuel pump as soon as I get on her, I know that someone done this is there a size i should get to handle the flow of gas this tank needs?

Just started to install the filler pcs for the swim platform, the one that I restored off the boat was stright across and I want it to curve with the back of the boat, so to the lumber yard for some 5/4 teak Boy I do love to make my self work but it is worth it. :D
Rick 1976 Trojan E-26 Express 351 FI
Info@emaltd.com
jimini

Post by jimini »

Electric fuel pump > figure out how many gallons a hour you max out at and add 10% to that number to be on the safe side
You've gotta be tough if you're gonna be STUPID!

jimini
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

Rick

I've maxed out at 15 gal/hour on my F26 w/ Chrysler 318/225 hp 4bbl carb. Your engine probably will do better. Hope that helps.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Rick, I can see the spring and the water...from my flybridge with a cold beer in hand too!

Just got Floscans for the boat, looking forward to filling the boat up and keeping tabs on my consumption and fuel usage from now on...

Those fuel gauges are just plain worthless.
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

Floscans

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

Are Floscans hard to install on a 1978 F-32 with twin Chrysler 360's. I just got a Raymarine C-120 display and would love to send floscan data to the C-120 and use the floscan gauge.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

No...
The plumbing goes right in after the filters. Then you run the wiring to the gauge. I have the twin scan, which reads and and totalizes both engines and is resettable.

Top off my tanks at 220 gallons. Keep a running total on fuel burn. If I burn 100 gallons in a given time, I know I have 120 gallons left!

http://www.floscan.com/html/blue/series ... 14&catid=2
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Thanks I think that will help, just want to make sure that I get a large enough pump.

Flybrige and cold beer OUCH :cry: I cant even get on my boat yet :lol:
Info@emaltd.com
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

All the snow is gone around my boat, the water should be in the basin within a few weeks and I will be floating. I fond the Holly marine electric fuel pump that should deliver the fuel needed to run that little 351FI engin and will be installing it in about two weeks. That is when I will be taking off the covers and removing the dust from the good old gal and get her ready. I wish I was in a warmer climate like most of you guys on this forum but some of us have to be in the cold and snow :lol: It make it that much more exciting when you put back in after a long cold winter. :roll:
Info@emaltd.com