Vacu flush

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Lake effect

Vacu flush

Post by Lake effect »

Is there supposed to be a vent in the holding tank? My 10.8 seems to build up pressure and starts to get a slight odor of raw water. I just bought the boat and try to get it back to best working condition.
Flyboy
Sporadic User

Re: Vacu flush

Post by Flyboy »

Yes, I have a 10 Meter, the vent hose comes out the top of the holding tank, it is probably part of the tank level sender. It is a hose the size of a garden hose, maybe a bit larger and on my boat vents our the starboard side down above the water line with some other thru hulls. If your tank has been full to the top it is possible it has become clogged, or something may of clogged it from the outside.
1981 10 meter Trojan International
WayWeGo
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by WayWeGo »

Bugs, especially bees, like to make nests in hoses like that.
1975 F-36 Convertible
Twin Chrysler 440's
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Funny, but the vacuflush diagram here doesn't show a vent, but there is one. http://www.marinesan.com/VacuFlush-Toil ... -s/214.htm Do check to see that the vent is open.

Introduction?
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!