Detroit Diesel Engine Sticker Numbers

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

tcollins2
2024 Forum Support
2024 Forum Support

Detroit Diesel Engine Sticker Numbers

Post by tcollins2 »

I took a few shots of the DD stickers that were on my motor this afternoon. Are they just part numbers and RPM limits or is there some other useful data on them?
Attachments
Sticker4a.jpg
Sticker4a.jpg (126.77 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Sticker3a.jpg
Sticker3a.jpg (227.84 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
Sticker1a.jpg
Sticker1a.jpg (137.89 KiB) Viewed 2528 times
1990 Trojan 12M International Express Detroit Diesels 6-71T's, 425HP
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Re: Detroit Diesel Engine Sticker Numbers

Post by prowlersfish »

It can be useful . I don't see it but most the time J&T will have the injector numbers and timing , It can be different then DD specs . J&T hot rods them so to speak .
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
oil&water
Moderate User

Post by oil&water »

Think of those stickers as reference books for your engines. Each block could be modified slightly to produce the desired characteristics of the engine. Those stickers basically give your mechanic a guide to follow when ordering parts for inframe/out of frame rebuilds.
Currently Trojan-less :?
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Post by P-Dogg »

Some good stuff there. I would print those pics twice. One copy goes in the manual kept on the boat, the other goes in the duplicate boat owners manual that you keep at home.
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

oil&water wrote:Think of those stickers as reference books for your engines. Each block could be modified slightly to produce the desired characteristics of the engine. Those stickers basically give your mechanic a guide to follow when ordering parts for inframe/out of frame rebuilds.
True and the J&T numbers trump the DD ones as J&T take the DD engine and changes a lot of things to there specs .
P-Dogg wrote:Some good stuff there. I would print those pics twice. One copy goes in the manual kept on the boat, the other goes in the duplicate boat owners manual that you keep at home.

A good idea
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D