Onan generator-Free

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Footeloose

Onan generator-Free

Post by Footeloose »

Hi folks, I have removed my 1972 Onan genset because of some rotted stringer repair i have going on. The gen is complete as far as I know, turns freely by hand, & has clean oil in it. For the boating we do, we dont need 6500 watts of power, so if anyone is interested in the unit, please write me back here on the forum, & maybe we can set up a phone conversation. thanks, Dave
P-Dogg
Active User
Location: Near Baltimorgue, Murderland, where they prove every day that gun control doesn't work.

Re: Onan generator-Free

Post by P-Dogg »

What country are you in?
I needed a less expensive hobby, so I bought a boat!
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Where is it located ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
Footeloose

Post by Footeloose »

Hi there Prowlerfish, I am in Olcott Beach
, New York, which is north of Buffalo. Were on Lake Ontario, 12 miles east of the Niagara River. If you want to talk, number is 239 980 1747, give me a call. thanks, Dave.
Footeloose

Post by Footeloose »

hi there, I'm in Olcott Beach, New York, on Lake Ontario, North of Buffalo. It's 12 miles east of the Niagara River. If you'd like to call, number is 239 980 1747. Give a jingle. thanks, Dave
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Free is a great price, but that's a drive. I will see I can contact a friend up that way.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Footeloose

Post by Footeloose »

Good morning, sure, give it a try. Includes the Aqua Muff muffler, forgot that. Wonder what it would cost to have shipped, most likely by truck. It's so complete, just hate to scrap it. I guess you are somewhere near Norfolk, or Hampton? incidentally, are you the guy I chatted with about having been in a neighboring marina to yours in Hampton? I was on my way south on my boat
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

That was me. I don't think getting the gen is doable. Besides the last thing I need is another project on something I don't need. Surprised no one else has jumped on it.
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Footeloose

Post by Footeloose »

Hi there, oh, I dont blame you. Thats exactly why im not pursuing it. Its's one thing to get the engine running, but then does it actually make power. I know there's quite a bit to that control, & all that. Have a good one.
mrjake56

Post by mrjake56 »

Hi Steve,
Are you still trying to give your gen-set away? If it can stay with you until early August I would drive up from Michigan to get it. I’d like to take my wife to Niagara Falls anyway. I would come sooner but the marina is bugging me to launch my boat (F32) and I have some work to do there. Bob 586-229-9606. You can give me a call most any time. I am still working from home.
duaner

Post by duaner »

Do you still have the gen set? I would be interested on it. Can we talk?
Duane Bagdons
612-849-2598
duanebagdons@gmail.com
Footeloose

Post by Footeloose »

Hi Bob, I spoke to my marina owner yesterday, & it's no problem storing it inside the shop until you get here. Keep me in the loop as to your plans. It was great chatting with you. Hope you continue to rehab successfully. Dave
Footeloose

Post by Footeloose »

Hello Duane, maybe you have seen the convo between me & Bob. I will keep you in mind if his deal doesn't materialize. Thanks for your interest
buffalobill

Post by buffalobill »

Hello Dave
I'm down here south of east aurora. Boats at old small boat harbor near Buffalo.
Do you still have this gen.?
I'll try you on my cell fone.
Footeloose

Post by Footeloose »

Hi Duane, If youre still interested in my free Onan genset, give a call, 239 980 1747. It's in Olcott Beach, N.Y. I'd like to get it out of my marina building. Please let me know if youre interested or not. Calling would be best. Thanks, Dave