can someone please help me identify this model???

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

captainrob1985

can someone please help me identify this model???

Post by captainrob1985 »

I am new to boating and i bought this boat as a project i know its a trojan that part was easy and its a 1974 but i have hunted and hunted and am just not positive on what model it is, also for those who know beetween the engines (chrysler 318`s) the is a little grey box with a fan and what looks to be a radiator of some sort if anyone knows what this is could you please tell me? and second thing where the exhaust comes out the stern of the boat is there supposed to be flaps of some sort there? i believe there was at one point but are long since missing, are they necissary? and does anyone know where i can find them for sale? thank you for reading this and for your help
Rob
e mail me for the pictures as i can`t seem to load 1
batmancamaro@hotmail.com[/img]
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

congrats on the new boat, and welcome to the forum, you will find alot of good information here, and Im sure everybody will help you identify your boat. Give some more information , like length, and maybe a picture,
You may be referring to a battery charger , unless it has tubing running to it, then it may be a heat exchanger of some type, but not likely,
the flaps your mentioning may or may not have been used, depending on the position of the exhaust. My boat does not use them, but I have seen some used in the same configuration.
1983 10 meter express
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I agree with bill . If you can email photos I maybe able to help
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
boatman2100

Post by boatman2100 »

On my Trojan, that is the location of the remote compressor for the galley refrigerator. 1964 34 Sea Voyager.
64 34' Sea Voyager Flybridge (sold)
56 16' Ski Bee
77 F-30 Hardtop
http://s808.photobucket.com/home/boatman2100/index
gjrylands
Moderate User

Post by gjrylands »

I've owner 3 Trojans; a 28, 31 and 36'er and none of them had flaps on the exaust outlets.
Gerry
1979 F36 Twin Chryler 440's
captainrob1985

mystery box

Post by captainrob1985 »

ok i figured out (with lots of help from the Trojan community) that the grey box was a remote compressor for the refrigerator. the model of the boat is a mystery still but Thank you everyone for your help
Rob
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Rob can you email a photo of the boat ?
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D