11 meter windshield

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

ronski

11 meter windshield

Post by ronski »

I used windex to clean my windshield and the window became cloudy. Is the window made of a plastic? is there any way of clearing the cloudy surface
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

The trick is to keep amonia based products off those curved side windows. Mine are a bit hazy also. There are products made specifically for plastic windows, some may be available at a motorcycle shop (clear windshields) I wonder if a clay bar would help ? It might be worth a test in a small spot. I hope you will post your findings here.

RWS
Sea Play'n

Plastic windows

Post by Sea Play'n »

Any time you want to clean a plastic window, I recommend Meguiar's Mirror-glaze. We used to use it on expensive aircraft windows. The blue bottle is for everyday use and the white bottle for removing bigger scratches.
Once your windows are scratch free, Johnson's Pledge works in a pinch and does a reasonable job at shedding the rain.

Hugh
Paul
Active User

PlastX

Post by Paul »

Meguiar's makes a product called PlastX for cleaning up scratched or cloudy plastic head lights. I've used it and it seems to work well. My guess is that it would work well on your windshield.

Hope this helps
Paul
Cruise Control