mid cabin - access behind VHF radio

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

BobCT
Active User

mid cabin - access behind VHF radio

Post by BobCT »

my VHF is sliding back in it's mount (I think it's the orginal), how can I get access to it from behind?

I've been doing some other wiring and removed the access panel in the cabin. I csn see the back of it but can't figure out how I can reach it? Does the instrument panel need to be removed?

thanks,
Bob
Dennis Weisberg

Post by Dennis Weisberg »

Not clear where your VHF is mounted. But the back of the electrical panel and all the electrical connections are readily accessable in the 10M midcabin. Inside the starboard closet in the midcabin is an access door to the back of the electrical panel and gives you good access to the back side of the helm area as well. My VHF was mounted on the front panel of the helm at about thigh height and I was able to get to the back of this area from the closet when I replaced it this year. Also easy to connect to the electrical panel by duplicating the prior installation. This might be a different installation than you have. Hope this helps. Good Boating!
BobCT
Active User

yeahm should have specified my location

Post by BobCT »

I'm finding out that boats are nothing like cars, every one is different. Mine is just to the right of the helm. I have no access to the far side behind the helm. If a wire fell down, I don't know what I would do. I could see it but not be able to reach it. Can't really go up under the mid-cabin either.

I found that access panel in the cabin, I might actually hinge it so I have easy access. Actually, I was thinking of a small flatscreen inside which I can pull out when needed. I think a 13-15" would fit just great.

Bob