Trojan Yacht Pennant7

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

mr elevman
Moderate User

Post by mr elevman »

have the flags been sent yet dose anyone know
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

No, I don't believe they have yet. Been silent from Jimini the last few weeks. Anyone know how his health is doing?
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Jimini,
I am going to try this again, If you wish, PM me, I will give you the money for all the pennants and ship them out to the people wanting them. I will not add anything on to the cost of the pennants other than the cost to ship to each person using my UPS account. Please let me know one way or another, I am more than willing to do this for you.
Rick 1976 Trojan E-26 Express 351 FI
Info@emaltd.com
rickalan35
Moderate User

pennants

Post by rickalan35 »

This Trojan pennant thing has been such a terrific idea and Jimini should be commended for dreaming it up, but it has also been rather painful to read the lengthy thread involving the drawn out effort of putting this whole project together and then taking it to fruition. My nephew runs an international embroidery and textile business (baby clothes and sheets) and currently manufactures a motorcycle neck warmer product for me for sales in an unrelated business venture.

I'm going to see if he can make up a similar pennant for me and do so in a short timeline of say, one month. We have 5 Trojans in our Marina and now all 5 of them want a pennant.

Should any of you be interested, just let me know. I'm going to develop this project FAST and in such a way as to handle repeat orders.

Cheers

Rick
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Rick,
I would be interested in purchasing a pennant from you, However, for the record, we need to take the pennants from Jimini that we all ordered, which I am sure we will.. Put me down for one Rick, if you review the post my address is within. My offer still stands to help Jimini if he would like me to.
Info@emaltd.com
rickalan35
Moderate User

pennant

Post by rickalan35 »

Okay Rick 1954,

Will keep you informed.

Rick
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

I would be interested in getting one from you also. When you get it developed, can you post a pic on the forum site?

Perhaps you can start a new topic for your pennant, Rick, to avoin confusion with the Jimini thread.

I agree with what was expressed-that we should pursue getting what pennants Jimini has, if indeed they exist. I'm beginning to have my doubts. If I had my money tied up in them, I'd find a way around what ever the blockage is, health or whatever, to recoup my investment. Several people have made offers to help, but we've only heard silence from Jimini. My confidence has been shaken to the point that if we do hear from Jimini to send money & he'll ship, I'd like to have him ship COD.
RWS
Ultimate User

Post by RWS »

Is there some pressing reason why you won't give Jimini the benefit of the doubt?

He hasn't even asked anything from anyone here except for a commitment, and he's the guy who took the time, did all the work and took the financial risk.

We've seen photos of the pennants.

He posted that he was having internet and HEART PROBLEMS.

Can you give the guy a break?

Do you think that in light of this that maybe Trojan boats may have become less of a priority for him at the moment?

I've managed to get by without a pennant for quite a long time now and a few more weeks won't make too much of a difference. I don't need to do business with him COD. When he's ready I'll gladly send him a check.

Perhaps we can all be patient until he is able to deal with this, assuming he hasn't had a bad run of personal medical news.

RWS
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

Penants

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

Let just all pray that Jimini is okay and when he can he will get to the forum and update us. I agree that a penant flying on the front of my Trojan really is not as important as someones health.

Just wait a few weeks or months or whatever it takes. You aren't out any money so it's not like you are waiting for a part to make your boat run that you paid for.

Just relax, have a cold one, enjoy the season. Flags can fly later.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

I think that we should all just calm down pursuant to Jimini and the pennants. Lets just step down and put away your soap box and relax. I am sure that the health and well being of Jimini is the first most important part of the equation on everyone mind.
The fact that some people are more reserved than others ,is life, and nothing or no person will change that. Therefore, if we get the pennants or not, if Jimini had them made or not who cares. Not one person was harmed regardless of the outcome. Bottom line, Jimini needs to know that there is help out there by many if he should partake in the offering..
Info@emaltd.com
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

Does anyone know him personally and give an update on how he is doing??
WillieTrojan (Owned F32, Willpower in Kinsale, Va)
Spanish Fort, Al

Looking for 33 International
rickalan35
Moderate User

Pennant

Post by rickalan35 »

Hi Men,

In my case, I am not on Jimini's reserve list to receive one of his pennants. I would like one of course, but as a Johnny Come Lately on this particular subject, I don't expect to receive one as they were no doubt already all spoken for (as I see from reading the thread.)... and which I fully understand.

I certainly didn't intend to cause problems for any of you or for Jimini. I mentioned the other day that I planned to go ahead and develop my own Pennant scenario and that anyone here who wanted to could also piggyback my deal. I apologise for upsetting anyone, it was not intended as such.

That all being said, I'm going to shoot this horse and I'm going forward and getting this pennant done simply because I think my boat will look neat with a Trojan Pennant flying on the front. We've all seen those Chris Craft pennants.

Cheers

Rick
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Hey Rick, there is no problem. Sometimes feathers get ruffled around here, I should know, I am usually causing the ruffle. We all think and act differently, that is what the forum is all about ,and makes it great. We are all hoping that Jimini is ok and well, wishing for him to be able to follow though with the pennants “yes” but it is not that important .As I said, I am in for a pennant from you if you will put one together
Info@emaltd.com
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Any word from Jimini ?
Last edited by prowlersfish on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
rickalan35
Moderate User

Rick's Pennant Order Status

Post by rickalan35 »

I have placed an order with a company called "WESO" who do custom embriodery/textile manufacturing. They will be calling me in to approve the prototype sample and then, we are away. I've ordered thirty pennants. There are five Trojans in my Marina and all of them are taking pennants so that leaves twenty-five. When and if I get down ten, I'll order ten more.

Cheers

Rick
Trojan 1994 370 Express, 502 Bluewaters