AFI Horns

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

bob wilkins

AFI Horns

Post by bob wilkins »

I just purchased a 77 F32 and the horns do not work
When I push the button I hear a chickinf sound coming from the hors but that it.
any ideas

Bob
Bob W
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

I took mine old ones apart and cleaned the metal diaphrams and they worked ok for a short time but eventually I did replace them. no more chicken squawking.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
Wes
Moderate User

Post by Wes »

I also had a problem with mine. It was mounted on the deck and the diaphram would get damp and not work. I took it apart and cleaned the diaphram. Then I mounted the horn "aimed down" on the front of the flybridge. Since moving the horn, I've had no problems. The little 12 volt compressor also needs to be oiled every 3 to 4 months. There should be a small tag on it referring to that fact.
mr elevman
Moderate User

Post by mr elevman »

well on my 72 the hornes have a bottel and a solinoid the bottel is preasherized no compresser the bottel is aprox 7-8 inches long and 3-4 in dia