Seaward Princess Stove question

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Livin

Seaward Princess Stove question

Post by Livin »

Aloha All......I have a '68 with a Seaward Princess three burner electric oven/stove. It is in great shape and I would like to keep it but I am finding it very difficult to find replacement parts. The burners do
not heat up enough to even fry an egg! I'd like to buy new elements. Anyone faced this dilemma??

Thanks
L-i-v-i-n
Away On Busine$$
Moderate User

Re: Seaward Princess Stove question

Post by Away On Busine$$ »

Have you called Seaward. I'm looking for the stove door, as are others whhich they don't have. We are looking at parting an F32 that has a princess in it, could be your ticket.
Season is short, we make the best of it.
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

You can also try these folks.

http://www.suremarineservice.com/Seawar ... -3372.aspx

But as mentioned, you might be able to get the complete set-up from the donor boat as well.
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
g36
Moderate User

Post by g36 »

the eyes are not all the same wattage. if i remember correctly there will be 2 1100 ones and a 550 or vice versa. they look the same but if you pull them out turn them over there will a different color ring on the connector and/or on the underside or support leg of the eye it will say what the wattage is. if someone has changed them some time and you have nothing but 550 you will not be able to cook a egg or boil water it is only a simmer heat. i would also suggest when you have identified the hotter eyes then move them into different spots it seems also that they will work better in certain spots i think our 550w is in the rear spot but cant remember its been a while since i fooled with this. it was this way on my f32 princess stove and also on my carver 405 seward stove. the previous owner didnt know about this either and complained about the stove too. once you have it right boiling water and cooking will work pretty well.
if you need replacements suremarine will have them they are 110v and either 550 or 1100w. and the stove is not setup to have all three being 1100w.
they are on this page
http://www.suremarineservice.com/Seawar ... -3342.aspx
1997 CARVER 405
"the BLACK PEARL"

past fleet
1978 F32 SEDAN CHRYSLER 318's

current fleet
1997 seadoo gts
1997 yamaha wave venture
1985 sunbird 18 ft runabout
1968 coronado sailboat 25 ft
sunfish