is it spring yet? when does everyone go in?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

gordd
Sporadic User

Re: is it spring yet? when does everyone go in?

Post by gordd »

jhalb wrote:A Bubbler, we need a bomb here!
LOl away . am in Mississauga Toronto area , not even sure where going to put it in yet . Leaning towards PortCredit but see who has spots in area
sportin

Post by sportin »

12 months. Bristol Marina, Charleston SC 55 miles from the Gulf Stream.
Attachments
Sportin' Life.jpg
Sportin' Life.jpg (23.69 KiB) Viewed 6602 times
boatsnbars

Post by boatsnbars »

My boat is behind a 15 foot tall snow bank created when we cleared the club parking lot. Also we had some damage to our marina from a tug and barge. I am hoping for mid-May at this point. We won't know for sure until the survey is complete of the marina damage. 3 foot thick ice is preventing the divers from working and it's snowing again.

1988 Trojan F36, 2004 Palm Beach
Away On Busine$$
Moderate User

Post by Away On Busine$$ »

OUCH!
Season is short, we make the best of it.
bigdave603

Post by bigdave603 »

I am hoping for april 20, but the Merrimack River is frozen solid in Amesbury Ma.
gitchisum
Moderate User

Post by gitchisum »

Snow here today, but 50's next week!!!!! :D :D :D

Hoping for mid - late April if this keeps up.
88 321 Sedan 270 crusaders
2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000
97 Lowe Roughneck 17TC
1948 Alumacraft K14, Evinrude twin 6hp " Still kickin"
K4282
Moderate User

Post by K4282 »

I went for a ride last weekend on a F32 I resold days later, it doesnt freeze where it is, mine may have to wait till April with all this snow and ice
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

gordd wrote:
jhalb wrote:A Bubbler, we need a bomb here!
LOl away . am in Mississauga Toronto area , not even sure where going to put it in yet . Leaning towards PortCredit but see who has spots in area
Do you want to be in the middle of things or out in the boonies?
Happy Ours

Post by Happy Ours »

Hoping to remove tarp end of march, add swim platform door, install new swimplatform wood, already cut, stained ready to be installed, having a cockpit bimini top installed no sides just want top, touch up bottom paint, paint hull stripe, buff hull then hope to launch first week of May for another great season. Once the boat is in the water I will add 2 new batteries one for each engine to isolate them on there own, and leave the three that are there for house batteries, right now engines and every thing else is all working off 3 batteries all in parallel, do not like this setup at all ,was one off the reasons I bought the generator. Then when the locks open will be heading down to a new marina at youngs point.

Craig
1977 F32
1975 F26 sold
AT Young's Point in the Kawartha Lakes on the
Trent Severn Waterway
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

captainmaniac wrote:Do you want to be in the middle of things or out in the boonies?
Something close by to start off . Am in in Mississauga area and Port Credit is like 15 minutes . Willing to go up to hour though either way. This will be my first season in water hopefully so like to be able to keep closer eye on things until get used to it.
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

well now it is march 4th both boats have been in water (we do not take them out) but thank god for bilge heaters. Could use em but too darn cold, water is 38 degree at least my heat pumps put out sufficient heat. No ice on lakes but winter needs to go away for all of us. :twisted:
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink
captainmaniac
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by captainmaniac »

gordd wrote:
captainmaniac wrote:Do you want to be in the middle of things or out in the boonies?
Something close by to start off . Am in in Mississauga area and Port Credit is like 15 minutes . Willing to go up to hour though either way. This will be my first season in water hopefully so like to be able to keep closer eye on things until get used to it.
A few places to consider then...
  • Port Credit - big and busy but have a fuel dock and you are right downtown stores/restaurants in walking distance; TheStore and marine services businesses on site
  • Oakville - also downtown but a bit further away. Can be a bit dicey navigating the river, and typically have 'dirty' water flowing by the boat
  • Bronte - a bit further out than Oakville, but also right downtown. Outer Harbour is nicer than inner harbour.
  • Burlington or Hamilton - (LaSalle Park, Harbour West, Macassa Bay Yacht Club, Royal Hamilton Yacht Club, I am not a fan of MacDonald Marine) if you are up for a further commute... the main plus is protected harbour - if the the lake is a mess, you can usually still go for a run in the harbour.
  • Lakefront Promenade - shares same basin with Port Credit Yacht Club... out in the boonies (ie not in town). Where the 'four sisters' used to be
  • Lakeshore Yacht Club - well protected harbour closer to Toronto, a bit out in the boonies
  • Mimico - basically off of Humber Bay. Huge facility, well protected, but very close to Toronto. You get he pleasure of dealing with traffic towards and away from Toronto every time you visit the boat. BUT you are only a few minutes away from Toronto Island by boat.... so if hanging out at the Island for the weekends is your objective, its a perfect place to start from.
The yacht clubs usually have waiting lists and sponsorship stuff to get in to... Hope you find a place that works for you.
gordd
Sporadic User

Post by gordd »

The yacht clubs usually have waiting lists and sponsorship stuff to get in to... Hope you find a place that works for you.
That is issue , waiting list on lot of those :( Not sure but think once in one of those marina and if use them for storage over winter one gets better number in waiting list lol